Software Development Team Lead
Engage Mobilize is a team focused on driving digital transformation and bringing modern software design to the Energy, Construction and Mining Industries. Our product is a combination of modern web & native applications that manage, analyze, and report field ticket data for E&P Companies and Service Contractors alike. Our three-tiered platform leverages the capabilities of a smart device to generate real-time analytics for all steps of a transaction from point of order to accounting.
We work side-by-side with our customers providing them with the tools to drive better business decisions all the way from implementation to custom real-time reporting.
An Awesome Culture:
Our startup’s success will be driven by a team with diverse backgrounds that not only brings ideas to the table but, more importantly, executes on those ideas. Whether working remotely or at our HQ (proudly located in Denver, CO) our team works in partnership to get this new venture growing with a bootstrap mindset. Our culture will be shaped by talented new team members, full of energy and integrity, with a wide range of experiences both professional and personal. Delivering results through open communication will undoubtedly lead to Engage Mobilize’s success. A life/work balance will always define our culture.
Our Core Values:
- Humor Always - Have Fun
- Family & Friends
- Act with Integrity
- Create Lasting Value
- Work Hard
- Strike a Balance
- Celebrate Success as a Team
What we looking for:
Engage Mobilize is looking for a friendly, organized Software Development Team Lead with strong communication skills and a love for learning. This position will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems. The Software Development Team Lead will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship for an offshore team.
Responsibilities & Opportunities of the Role:
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- based business applications, Android and iOS applications.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide third-level support to business users.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
Minimum Qualifications to Apply:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
- End-to-end development, deployment and maintenance of rich applications on LAMP stack or equivalent
- Experience working with distributed/offshore teams
- Ability to inherit a codebase and platform and progressively refactor as business needs change
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Core Competency Requirements:
- Proficient with AWS, PHP, HTML, CSS3, and SQL Server
- Need some experience with devops to manage deployment and architecture
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems and processes
About Engage Mobilize
Engage Mobilize was founded in 2016 under its parent company Engage Management. Engage Management is a boutique energy consulting firm that specializes in driving operational efficiencies into drilling and completion projects worldwide. Efficiency is always benchmarked on the ability to save time and reduce costs. The leadership team and consultants that founded the company always took issue with the way the capital burn and expense allocation were accounted for at the field level. Hence, Engage Mobilize was drawn up on a napkin.
Field ticketing, in essence, is a required control measure but wastes uncountable resources and capital for both Operators and Service Contractors. As a team, we are not the first to identify this massive waste of time that slows and burdens our industry, but we are in fact the first to build a platform that both sides of the transaction can identify with. Our leadership’s experience with consulting on the corporate side coupled with their dirty work boots & faded FRs led to the development of a digital field ticketing solution that respects everyone’s workflows and simply makes sense. Our company understands the “real” workflow at the field level that is intrinsic to driving the total success in a basin for both the E&P’s and the Service Providers that support them.