Software Development Engineer in Test at Automox
WHO YOU ARE
You are a seasoned Software Development Engineer in Test, or Automation QA Engineer, who is passionate about delivering a high quality product at a fast pace. You are enthusiastic about software quality, and can interact directly with product owners and delivery team members to plan, scope, schedule and implement testing activities. You have very strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills and an ability to work as part of an Agile team. You will be part of a small, high performance team and will have the opportunity to excel and grow your career while helping grow our testing efforts and ensuring quality of the releases.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Own test strategy and execution for one or more feature areas, working closely with the cross-functional team to ensure that we meet our quality objectives
- Design complex IT configurations to test product capabilities in simulated production-like environments
- Perform and participate in all aspects of manual and automated test verifications. This includes feature and functional testing, load, performance, and regression testing
- Perform root cause analysis for bugs and work with the development team to resolve them
- Work collaboratively as part of a scrum team to deliver great software and promote an overall culture of quality
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve our processes to facilitate increased test coverage
- 7+ years of combined software development, QA and test automation experience.
- 5+ years hands-on experience as an SDET or Automation QA Engineer defining test strategy, test design patterns, and executing tests with varied complexity for commercial SaaS products.
- Proficiency with Python and experience using testing frameworks such as PyTest
- Understanding of PHP, Python and/or Golang from the standpoint of applying automation tests.
- Good understanding of UI and component-level testing practices (e.g., web, web services, REST interfaces)
- API and RESTful architecture test automation experience.
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) model including Github and CI pipeline automation tools.
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness for continual learning. e.g. we mostly use Python today; we may move to other languages in the future.
- Comfortable working asynchronously on a distributed team.
- Proactively collaborates with other teams/team members across time zones.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related subject.
WHAT WE VALUE:
Growth Mindset: We are a fast-growing company, and need people who will take initiative and take ownership to be successful in the role.
Customer Mindset: You demonstrate customer fluency by advocating their needs, understanding their friction and have the urgency to solve their problems.
Extraordinary Communicator: Communication is the key to success. Regardless of your level or position, you treat people and their opinions with respect. You are able to be concise, articulate and honest in the delivery of your message.
Humbly Courageous: Learn through a willingness to fail, correct and move on.
Innately Curious: Status quo is not for you. You are inquisitive and remain open to new ideas and points of view. You seek to understand the ‘why’ and understand the how to our business.
Thoughtful Decision Making: Ability to make tough decisions by identifying the root cause and applying second-order thinking.
Highly Impactful: Results speak louder than words and you have the drive and resilience to rapidly shifting priorities to meet business objectives.
We are on a mission to raise the world’s security confidence. To enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
LOCATION: Home office in the US
This is an entrepreneurial opportunity to own and put your name on something truly special. Don’t let the opportunity pass you by.
Come join the adventure!