Software Development Engineer in Test
WHO YOU ARE
You are a seasoned SDET who is passionate about delivering a high quality product at a fast pace. You are enthusiastic about software quality, and can interact directly with product owners and delivery team members to plan, scope, schedule and implement testing activities. You have very strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills and an ability to work as part of an Agile team. You will be part of a small, high performance team and will have the opportunity to excel and grow your career while helping grow our testing efforts and ensuring quality of the releases.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Own test strategy and execution for one or more feature areas, working closely with the cross-functional team to ensure that we meet our quality objectives
- Design complex IT configurations to test product capabilities in simulated production-like environments
- Perform and participate in all aspects of manual and automated test verifications. This includes feature and functional testing, load, performance, and regression testing
- Perform root cause analysis for bugs and work with the development team to resolve them
- Work collaboratively as part of a scrum team to deliver great software and promote an overall culture of quality
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve our processes to facilitate increased test coverage
- Hands-on experience with defining test strategy, test design patterns, and executing tests with varied complexity
- Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining test cases utilizing test automation
- You are an authority on Agile testing best practices with the ability to demonstrate when to apply manual vs automation and how to yield positive engineering engagement
- Strong experience in testing web applications and REST API based backend services
- Comfortable working asynchronously on a distributed team
- Strong knowledge of Windows and/or Linux server administration combined with domain knowledge of some of the following: WSUS, GPO, Active Directory, Ansible, Chef
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Growth Mindset: We are a fast-growing company, and need people who will take initiative and take ownership to be successful in the role.
- Customer Mindset: You demonstrate customer fluency by advocating their needs, understanding their friction and have the urgency to solve their problems.
- Extraordinary Communicator: Communication is the key to success. Regardless of your level or position, you treat people and their opinions with respect. You are able to be concise, articulate and honest in the delivery of your message.
- Humbly Courageous: Learn through a willingness to fail, correct and move on.
- Innately Curious: Status quo is not for you. You are inquisitive and remain open to new ideas and points of view. You seek to understand the ‘why’ and understand the how to our business.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Ability to make tough decisions by identifying the root cause and applying second-order thinking.
- Highly Impactful: Results speak louder than words and you have the drive and resilience to rapidly shifting priorities to meet business objectives.
- At the top of the list is simply that you will have a will have a voice and an impact on the success of Automox and on the security of customers like NASA, Xerox, DollarShaveClub, TripAdvisor, GE Healthcare and more.
- A strong proven leadership team backed by founders of Tenable, Carbon Black, RSA, AlienVault, Internet Security Systems, ThreatGrid, Phantom Cyber along with world-class venture capital.
- Great downtown Boulder location - (Walk to lunch!)
- Downtown Parking
- Free Eco Bus Pass - (Office is right across the street from the Boulder bus station)
- Health/Dental/Vision/Insurance Benefits
- Participation in Automox Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Open vacation policy - (take what you need to stay energized)
- Standup desks, quiet spaces, and snacks and yes… coffee.
- Rooftop deck and amazing views (we celebrate victories both big and small)
- Monthly team-building rituals (hikes, ice cream breaks, lunch and learns, cross-team opportunities)
Come join the adventure!