Software Development Engineer in Test I at Vertafore
Employees in this role design and implement test plans to ensure that software functions as expected to meet or exceed customer's standards.
As a Vertafore SDET I, you will be instrumental in Vertafore's ongoing success within the insurance industry. Our SDETs work with our development teams, focusing on the providing the best products for our valued customers. This is a fast paced, ever changing environment. We continually challenge ourselves to exceed objectives, remove barriers, meet crucial deadlines, and maintain multiple projects, all while pioneering ways for efficiency with a team player attitude. If you have a passion for product quality, love technology, and enjoy thinking outside the box, you're who we are looking for.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Write test cases
· Works in-line with QA Analysts to understand test documentation and strategies to plan the automation of newly developed functionality
· Develops code according to the specifications for new frameworks and refactoring code for exiting frameworks
· Completes basic end-to-end testing
· Documents test results and consistent steps to reproduce bugs, updates internal documentation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Ability to manage a broad range of deliverables in an ever-changing environment
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
· Ability to comprehend documentation clearly and effectively
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Working knowledge of OOP coding concepts
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Detail oriented; demonstrated ability to handle multiple strategic projects and priorities with efficiency and accuracy
· An inherent drive to solve problems, collaborate with others and mentor team members
· Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as proven with well-written technical, project, client and related communications and presentations
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical experience
· Design and architecture knowledge
· Experience with Agile software development
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.