Software Development Engineer in Test I at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Employees in this role design and implement test plans to ensure that software functions as expected to meet or exceed customer's standards.
As a Vertafore SDET I, you will be instrumental in Vertafore's ongoing success within the insurance industry. Our SDETs work with our development teams, focusing on the providing the best products for our valued customers. This is a fast paced, ever changing environment. We continually challenge ourselves to exceed objectives, remove barriers, meet crucial deadlines, and maintain multiple projects, all while pioneering ways for efficiency with a team player attitude. If you have a passion for product quality, love technology, and enjoy thinking outside the box, you're who we are looking for.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Write test cases
· Works in-line with QA Analysts to understand test documentation and strategies to plan the automation of newly developed functionality
· Develops code according to the specifications for new frameworks and refactoring code for exiting frameworks
· Completes basic end-to-end testing
· Documents test results and consistent steps to reproduce bugs, updates internal documentation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Ability to manage a broad range of deliverables in an ever-changing environment
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
· Ability to comprehend documentation clearly and effectively
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Working knowledge of OOP coding concepts
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Detail oriented; demonstrated ability to handle multiple strategic projects and priorities with efficiency and accuracy
· An inherent drive to solve problems, collaborate with others and mentor team members
· Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as proven with well-written technical, project, client and related communications and presentations
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical experience
· Design and architecture knowledge
· Experience with Agile software development
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.