Nigh Technologies, Inc is currently in stealth mode developing next generation technology that is going to transform local commerce and change how local businesses connect with customers nearby. We are seed funded with plans for a larger fund raise after traction in our Boulder pilot in Q1’21.
We are looking for software engineers who have a passion and desire to help struggling local businesses to be part of our founding team. We need team members that are versatile, collaborative, and are motivated to solve challenging problems that will transform local commerce. As part of a small disruptive team, you will be very hands-on in every aspect of engineering including but not limited to large-scale architectural design, developing complex distributed computing systems, artificial intelligence/machine learning, and advanced data analytics.
Bottom line: We’re looking for talented, hungry, scrappy, risk-taking software engineers ready to help change the world by revolutionizing local commerce and helping a lot of small local businesses.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, and/or extensive software development experience
- Experience with non-relational NoSQL databases (Firebase/Firestore, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience working on web and/or mobile applications (Android/ iOS) and IDEs
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing scalable distributed systems
- Experience with complex algorithms, advanced analytics, and A/B testing
- Experience with Unix/Linux, cloud services, microservices, and scalable APIs (REST, RPC)
- Experience working on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Nice to have:
- Experience working with mobile payments, online marketplaces, social, map or local applications
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading engineering teams and setting technical direction
- Experience in artificial intelligence, machine learning, security and privacy
- Experience in API design, performance optimization, and large-scale architectures
Will consider interim remote or part-time but the goal is to build a committed team in Boulder that can move fast by Q1’21.