Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Deployment Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Denver, CO
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We're not a phone company; we're a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral's SRE team ensures our systems are always up & running 24x7, and that our customers are receiving the best quality of service (QoS). We work with different internal support teams to help maintain and support RingCentral services, develop and manager new release & deployment processes, insure transparent deployment practices across the company, and work closely with DevOps teams.
RingCentral is a leading Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) provider, offering an innovating suite of telephony, contact center, video conferencing, and collaboration products for enterprise, mid-size companies, and small businesses.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and curious system administrator to become familiar with software development and operations in a strong, worldwide company with a large cloud infrastructure distributed all over the world. You will use and understand common practices of transparent deployment and maintaining large distributed systems, following top industry level processes and tools. This position is at our location in Centennial, CO.
- Deliver and troubleshoot service updates to the stage and production platforms.
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams (Operations, QA, Development).
- Continuously improve your knowledge level of our production system.
- Work closely with virtualization/storage, network and monitoring teams to create roll out plans or investigate issues met during deployment.
- Take part in automation design and improvements.
- Common knowledge of OSI model or TCP/IP stack protocols.
- Understanding of Linux and Windows server systems.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Familiarity and practical experience with virtualization/cloud technologies.
- BS/BA in CS or other technical degree, or equivalent experience
You will get experience in:
- Working in a high-performance team in a strong technology company.
- Troubleshooting of Java, C++ applications based on enterprise technologies (RabbitMQ, MongoDB, GridGain, Coherence, etc.).
- Software development lifecycle, where DevOps team plays an important role.
- Working with SQL, bash, python or other scripting languages.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as OneTM from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral's open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.