Site Reliability Engineer (Entry-Level)
We are looking for a passionate technologist to assure high availability and stability of our Vertafore products. The successful candidate must have a can-do attitude and competency in delivering innovative and practical solutions to achieve our technology and business objectives. This position reports up to the Development organization.
- Build knowledge on how the applications works, its underlying architecture, and data relationships.
- Address support escalations from Customer Support and IT Operations teams.
- Debug and correct application configurations, codes, database queries, and data to restore an incident.
- Collaborate with the product owner and product manager for any solutions that required non-operational development engagement.
- Apply reverse engineering to troubleshoot on the issue.
- Automate support processes.
- Automate and maintain deployment pipelines.
- Deployment of hotfixes and ad hoc database changes to lower environments. Coordinate changes with IT Operations to production.
- Collaborate with IT Operations and development team to ensure proactive monitoring, high availability, and performance of products to achieve the best customer experience.
- Take ownership of root cause analysis to resolve problems permanently.
- Create and maintain runbooks that outlined development support procedures.
- Collaborate with others to innovate and implement solutions to optimize product and team performance.
- Participate in projects as required.
- Communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical teams.
- Comply with standard processes and security policies when implementing solutions.
- Be on call as required to respond to emergency escalation that required development engagement.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or established professionals with relevant experience.
- Exposure to Microsoft Windows and Microsoft .NET frameworks.
- Exposure in writing database queries on SQL Server or equivalent database platforms.
- Coding and scripting skills such as programming using C#, PowerShell, Python, or other relevant languages.
- Basic knowledge to navigate on Linux environment is preferred.
- Candidate without Windows or Linux experience must demonstrate a keen interest and self-motivated to pick up new technology.
- A fast learner.
- A problem solver.
- Ability to document procedures.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work in a team and fast tempo environment.
- Good communication skills. Able to deliver the message effectively to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Able to comply with processes and procedures.
- Able to maintain professional composure in any situations.
- Flexible in working extended hours on occasions or as required.
- Exposure in the insurance industry is desired but not mandatory.