Site Reliability Engineer - #8056 at Fanatics
| Greater Boulder Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:17 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events. At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
As a member of our Reliability Team, you will help drive collaboration across departments and provide global insights by being the consistent eyes on production. You will work with application, infrastructure and product teams to ensure smooth launches while meeting proper security gates. You will have the chance to skill-up on communicating for global teams and help bring standards to teams with unique SDLCs.
This group runs extremely high on constant learning and shared education to avoid silos. To be most effective, you will want to have a solid grasp of engineering principles, infrastructure design, and a mature background in iterative product delivery.
On the Team you will participate in:
- Driving Agile teams to support both interrupt and project work.
- Estimating and delivering projects on-time and within budget through scope shifting and solid communication.
- Analysis of trends or Golden KPIs to provide useful feedback on anomalies.
- Building ideas to shift conversations from outage/retro or symptom/prevention to prevention.
- Partnerships with Platform teams to remove drag for cross-org engineering (Knowledge of Gitlab, Github/Git, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Vault, Consul).
- Documenting and training others on your team, and providing training and demos.
- Iterating over improving Change, Release, Incident and Patching processes, with the goal of making them non-events.
- Optimizing debug procedures for production issues across a variety of technical stacks.
- Enforcing standards through communication, on design, implementation, security, and change tracking.
- A strong set of programming skills in Golang
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or 3+ years in eCommerce system delivery.
- Expertise in at least two areas of application and infrastructure engineering.
- A strong knowledge of AWS technologies and a willingness to self-teach with change.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Deployment Automation (Our env: Ansible, Gitlab, Git/Github, Artifactory, Terraform)
- Capabilities in design and delivery, bringing in projects on budget.
- An understanding of capacity planning and how to set appropriate limits to optimize cost and performance.
- Knowledge of identifying system scale, backoff or other throughput challenges to help prevent incidents or resolve them quickly.
- Experience with performing to metric, SLI/SLO/SLA(s), and making meaningful commitments to customers.
- History with product behavior, edge cases, failure modes, negative boundary behaviors, load mishaps, etc.., to stop issues before they enter production.
- A history of building and supporting multiple versions of Linux, and Windows OS.
- An understanding of capacity planning and how to set appropriate limits to optimize resources.
- Led and participated in blameless RCAs, and have an understanding of the needed outcomes.
Salary Range for Developing/Journey levels: $82,000 - $130,000
Salary Range for Senior levels: $120,000 - $170,000
Depending on Education/Training and Experience
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Read Full Job Description