ServiceNow Software Engineer at FIS
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
ServiceNow is a platform-as-a-service cloud based application that provides workflow automation enabling operational efficiencies by streamlining and automating work tasks. The Workflow Senior Software Engineer, working with the business partner develops, documents, tests functionality for the ServiceNow platform and provides supports to ensure project requirements and business needs are met.
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new enhancements for ServiceNow.
- Interacts with business analysts, product owners and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow platform and services; in-depth knowledge of products and services in assigned line(s) of business
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
- Understanding on different configuration items of Snow platform (Client script, Business Rules, Flow Designer, UI policies, UI actions, Scrip include, Notifications, ACL (Access control), Form Views, View Rule, Form Layouts, Snow Table structure, Events, Related list etc.)
- Basic ServiceNow admin knowledge
- ServiceNow/knowledge integration components.(REST, Import Set etc.)
- Knowledgeable on Apigee API Gateway would be helpful to maintain RPS integrations with AWS service layer
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of ETL, Sterling File Gateway XML, JSON
- ATF (Automated Test Framework) Knowledge
- Exposure to AngularJS and React frameworks, Integration Hub and building portals using ServicePortal.
- Configuration Experience/knowledge on OAuth 2.0 Authentication protocol
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.