ServiceNow Developer at Vertafore
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that keeps transforming. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
Design and build key technical components of ServiceNow. Promote implementation best practices and recommend solutions ensuring we have scalability and extensibility in mind. Partner with business teams to develop best in class processes for usability, adoption, overall application effectiveness & management reporting.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Design and build technical ServiceNow solutions based on business needs, platform limitations, and best practices; Provide technical strategy and guidance for ongoing ServiceNow activities.
· Manage ServiceNow technical issues and serve as the technical authority for team members throughout issue resolution.
· Own and manage ongoing ServiceNow upgrades.
· Provide business guidance on capabilities of the ServiceNow platform to help shape business visions and strategies for developing and/or improving processes and efficiencies
· Champion ServiceNow best practices throughout the organization
· Understand ServiceNow platform limitations and design alternatives to work around limitations
· Build technical expertise in all Enterprise Applications, including NetSuite and Salesforce
· Collaborate across the Enterprise Applications team which includes providing coverage and backup as necessary when other resources are not available
· Willingness to learn and take on administrative functions for additional business applications as requested by Vertafore leadership
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related field.
· ServiceNow certifications preferred, but not required: Certified Systems Administrator (CSA)
· A minimum of two (2) years of related work experience using ServiceNow modules with focus on ITSM.
· Experience and knowledge integrating ServiceNow with enterprise systems is preferred but not required
· Outstanding analytical skills with ability to achieve results in a complex environment
· Demonstrated understanding of SDLC methodologies
· Experience working in an agile environment
· ServiceNow IT Service Management (ITSM) experience required
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.