Senior Web Developer (Full Stack-Angular) at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. – a Fortune 150 company with global headquarters in Denver - helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to continually innovate the “next big thing”. We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2016 sales of $23.83 billion.
As a member of the R&D product team, our newest Full Stack Developer team member will be passionate about developing solutions to achieve business needs and will be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including technical design, implementation, testing, deployment and support of cutting-edge applications.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide value by integrating business rules and content in accordance with requirements.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Analysts and QA in an Agile environment to ensure quality, security and maintenance of applications, and to ensure code meets development standards and guidelines.
- Contribute to a DevOps culture and development of continuous integrations processes and tools.
- Mentor Junior developers on technical approaches and best practices.
- Develop, document, and advocate SOLID software architecture practices.
- Ability to jump between frontend and backend work.
- Challenge established norms and innovate.
- Contribute to the success of your team and company.
- Make a difference.
What We're Looking For:
- A passion for accomplishing great things by creating fast, maintainable, and valuable applications
- Strong understanding of web standards (http protocols, browser, html, etc)
- Proficient with unit testing (ex/ Jasmine, Mocha, etc)
- Experience providing REST/SOAP APIs for user interface consumption
- Experience with build tools (ex/ Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, etc)
Even Better if You Have:
- Proficiency with UI automation tools (protractor, etc)
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (Mongo, Cassandra, Couch, ReThink, etc)
- Familiarity with Node.js
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (ex/ Less, SCSS, etc)
- Experience with SEO optimization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Software architecture experience in an enterprise size environment
- 3+ years’ experience working within an Agile development methodology Scrum
- Ability to prove prior experience integrating multiple data sources/systems for consumption by rich websites
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Math, Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work effectively with various organizations in pursuit of problem solutions
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and enterprise design patterns
- Comfort with and understanding of version control, continuous integration, and deployment tools
What We Offer at Arrow:
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Free covered parking, included bicycle and motorcycle parking
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)