Senior Voice Engineer, Telephony at RingCentral
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to Security and Cloud Operations, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunities, and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place to Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
Senior Voice Engineer, Telephony (Location: Denver, CO / Charlotte, NC / Remote)
RingCentral is seeking a Senior Voice Engineer to join our Telco Operations & Engineering team and be responsible for expanding and supporting our global telephony network. Your role will include providing architectural solutions that assist in growth as well as solving technical problems related to VoIP applications which interact with RingCentral’s unified communications platform.
- Perform design & architecture modeling for the RingCentral global carrier network
- Provide top tier support for Operations teams
- Evaluate 3rd party products and tools relating to VoIP, Voice and Video
- Perform testing and validation within various labs of new VoIP applications and call flows
- Create documentation and provide training within standard operations, maintenance, repairs or upgrades of VOIP infrastructure
- Install relevant Ribbon/Sonus VoIP hardware and equipment as needed
- Ability to work in an organized manner and manage/present your own projects
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Deep experience with implementing, managing, and maintaining TDM/SIP call processing platforms including voice gateways, session border controllers, SS7 gateways and routing servers (Sonus/Ribbon experience is essential)
- Good understanding of and experience with debugging VoIP call processing applications.
- Experience with SIP (Session Initiation Protocol), RTP/RTCP/SRTP, Linux platforms, VoIP, and shell scripting a plus.
- Bachelor of Science degree or foreign academic equivalent degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or related field plus 5 to 7 years of relevant, progressive experience. Within the foregoing parameters, any suitable combination of education, training & experience is acceptable. Prior roles as Sr VoIP Engineer, Sr. Voice Engineer and project experience very helpful.
- Strong familiarity with contact center applications and VoIP application servers
- Familiarity with Big Data tools such as Elastic search and Kibana or similar
- Strong programming and scripting experience and good understanding of network OSI layers a plus
- Flexibility to work with remote teams in different time zones as needed
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a dynamic environment
- Detailed and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement):
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — and we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world. If you are hired in Colorado, the compensation range for this position is between $90,000 and $135,000 for full-time employees, in addition to eligibility for variable pay, equity, and benefits. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, health and wellness, 401k, ESPP, vacation, parental leave, and more! The salary may vary depending on your location, skills, and experience.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.