Senior SQA Engineer - Automation - Remote at Markit Digital
Our development team architect and design high-availability, scalable, and fault tolerant systems that are decoupled and easy-to-maintain. A core part of our development philosophy revolves around Microservices and the DevOps model. All our new products are developed using a microservice architecture, are containerized, and are then deployed on container management systems such as Kubernetes. The members on our teams subscribe to a DevOps model where time-to-market functions as a vital measure of our performance, productivity, and success. We are committed to stay ahead of the curve and we are always looking at new technologies that can enhance our product offerings.
About the role
IHS Markit is seeking an experienced Senior Software QA Automation Engineer for our currently unreleased digital transformation solution. This role will be responsible for managing and delivering automated testing as well as operational support in cooperation with the rest of the scrum team. This position is for someone who can write / execute both automation and manual Test scripts/ Cases.
The Senior Software QA Automation Engineer is engaged with developers, IT and project owners to develop and implement software testing strategies that integrates with our CI/CD pipeline.
- You have 4+ years of expertise testing web applications (.Net, Java, Angular, Node.js)
- Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Automation expertise using popular tools, frameworks, languages: C#, Selenium, NUnit, XUnit, MSTest
- Experience in automation regression testing using CodeceptJS (with Puppeteer/Protractor/Webdriver) is a bonus
- Confident usage of GiT, Visual Studio 2019, Visual Studio Code
- Experience with bug tracking system (Azure Devops)
- Experience with Performance and load testing (CloudTest, Cloud Testing using ADOPS)
- Guides the planning, creation and execution of tests both manual and automated tests using test automation tools. Understands the concepts behind and when to do automation
- Demonstrates a sense of ownership and are proactive in terms of advancing our automation capabilities and process
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role is $75,070. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.