All roles at JumpCloud are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 4,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
About the Role:
We are looking for a skilled, self-motivated Solutions Engineer to join our engineering team. At JumpCloud we’re solving complex problems using technologies like Go, Linux, Terraform, Salt, Python and many others. We’re in the cloud and for the cloud, taking advantage of all the fun tools and capabilities offered to us by Amazon AWS. We are focused on delivering cloud-based directory services via a SaaS model, and as a result are solving some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, and cloud-based architecture scaling.
We’re looking for a passionate engineer to be the next member of our awesome Solutions engineering team. JumpCloud is focused on delivering cloud-based directory services via a SaaS model and as a result are trying to solve some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, cloud scaling, and device management.
As an innovative technologist, with a deep understanding of best practices in the Information Technology space, you will be responsible for advancing and integrating the JumpCloud platform into new technology frontiers. As a Solutions Engineer, you will research, develop and release technical solutions that increase JumpCloud adoption and extend the capabilities of the JumpCloud platform. You will work and communicate with customers, sales, marketing, engineering, customer success, and leadership to formulate solutions that provide the best possible outcome.
- 5+ years of production programming experience in at least one of the following: PowerShell (preferred), Java, Python, Go, NodeJS.
- Cloud computing expertise (Azure, AWS, GCP), and automating workflows in cloud environments.
- Experience working with RESTful API’s.
- Experience with implementing and integrating software solutions.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Extensive experience in Windows system and Active Directory administration.
- Git experience.
- Strong team player that wants to win together. We are both Agile and interrupt driven, and we’re a team that’s constantly working together.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field.
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience with employee and system life-cycle management including onboarding, offboarding, user account creation, system provisioning, and deployment.
- Experience working with Chef, Terraform, or Chocolatey.
- Experience delivering software products to market.
- Prior experience as a Solutions Architect at a SaaS or cloud forward company.
- Experience in Linux and Linux administration in a business environment.
- Experience working with LDAP, SAML 2.0, SMB.
- Experience contributing to and working on open-source software projects.
- CI/CD pipeline experience.
- An understanding of agile methodology and practices.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role, depending on individual candidate level and experience, is $100,000-$130,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description