Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a CMS Sr. Java Software Engineer to join our Content Management Team in our engineering team. This team is responsible for implementing and developing on Hippo CMS, our Enterprise CMS platform.
- Help architect and implement solutions on Hippo CMS platform across various brands in DHI - primary focused on Dice and eFinancialCareers brands.
- Perform cross-training and facilitates information sharing among team members.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software applications. Creates prototypes and ensures deliverables are high quality and meet user expectations.
- Supports system and integration testing activities. Initiates design reviews for new applications and adheres to software development standards.
- Collaborates with Product Owner and other team members in completing deliverables. Translates business requirements and functional designs into technical designs.
- Collaborates with product, users and customer support to ensure complex issues are resolved in a timely manner.
What are we requiring for this role?
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Extensive experience as a Java developer
- Comfort with HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience with Hippo CMS or any Enterprise CMS a plus.
- Experience with Freemarker or other templating engine a plus
- Expertise building apps that communicate with RESTful services
- Strong communication, problem-solving, organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work within an Agile project teams to successfully implement customer facing responsive web applications
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's or higher degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years as a Software Engineer in a product oriented software company