Senior Software Engineer at Ibotta
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Work with a cross-functional team to design and develop new features that will be used by millions of users
- Use the latest cloud technologies from AWS to design and build flexible, scalable, reliable and high-performing applications
- Build new microservices using the right language/tool for the job. Our current microservices are written in a variety of languages including Java, Node, Ruby, Scala, Clojure, etc.
- Identify and fix performance bottlenecks
- Work with big data sets (hundreds of millions of rows)
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Deploy code multiple times per day
- Implement serverless architectures
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 5+ years of experience in software development
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and NoSQL type databases like MySQL, Aurora, DynamoDB, and Redis is valuable, but knowing when to use each is far more important
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- Knowledge of object-oriented software design, development, and architectural principles
Nice to have:
- Ruby on Rails
- Building APIs for internal or external applications
- Experience with AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, or Lambda
- Automated testing using tools such as RSpec or JUnit
- Scrum/Agile development
Here are some of the traits that we seek in great engineers:
- love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- look for ways to continually challenge yourself and develop as an engineer
- understand that communication is a huge part of your software engineering responsibility and practice it daily
- understand that testing your code is one of the most important aspects of software engineering
- respect diverse perspectives and like collaborating with other engineers to solve hard problems
- understand that delivering products incrementally helps provide more value to the business
- trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate. You are not afraid to voice your opinions, but you are okay with not always being right
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.