Senior Software Engineer – Video Streaming at Wowza Media Systems
Wowza Media Systems is seeking a highly skilled Senior Software Engineer. We are growing and expanding our software development team and are looking for someone great to help us drive the streaming revolution. Wowza is looking for an individual who can help us enable streaming video and audio to any device, anywhere!
As a Senior Software Engineer for Wowza Streaming Engine, you will join a core team building the software that powers over 25% of worldwide live streaming. Through your contributions, you will be empowering a community of builders creating professional-grade streaming solutions.
What you will do:
- Create – Work in a collaborative environment with Product and Engineering to deliver new features and capabilities on a foundational platform. Build quality in and architect maintainable and extensible solutions that perform at scale.
- Innovate – Wowza is a leader in the streaming industry and we are constantly evolving our products to meet customer demands, influencing and keeping pace with emerging standards in the space. Your ideas are valued, you can impact the product roadmap, and you might even file patents along the way.
- Improve – Help define and refine engineering best practices, actively participate in design and code reviews, and make the code better with every commit.
- Learn – Our product does a lot, enabling a wide variety of streaming workflows for our customers. The product is complex, the domain is deep, and the industry is everchanging. There is always something new to learn, something we hope you will embrace.
- Support – Our customers rely on our product to be rock solid. As an Engineering team, we stand ready to back our Support organization in helping our customers through their toughest challenges and capturing ways to make our products better.
Experience we'd love for you to have:
- Strong software development foundation in OO Design, data structures, algorithms, and multithreaded applications
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of streaming media from both server and client sides
- Extensive practical knowledge with one or more of the following:
- Streaming protocols such as – RTMP, RTSP, HLS, MPEG-DASH, WebRTC
- Media codecs such as – H.26x, VPx, AAC, AC-3, MP3
- Media containers such as – MP4, CMAF, MPEG-TS
- Unit test development and writing testable code
- Familiarity with build automation, Git branching, and continuous integration
- Experience creating and documenting public REST APIs and SDKs
- Scrum/Agile development methodology
- Backend development experience in one or more of the following: Java, C++, C#
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field and 7+ years of experience in software development
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems is a streaming software, cloud services, and hardware provider aimed at powering live streaming for today’s most innovative companies. We frequent Streaming Media’s list of Companies That Matter Most in Online Video and Readers’ Choice Awards, as well as Great Place to Work’s list of Best Medium Workplaces (with a 4.8 rating on Glassdoor).
Cofounders David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good first set out to create cool stuff with like-minded people in 2005. In the fourteen years that have followed, Wowza’s become the gold standard for streaming. One third of content delivery networks (CDNs) have Wowza’s technology built in and more that 24,000 organizations across the globe power their streaming with Wowza.
With adoption rates exploding, use cases proliferating, and video quality increasing, the streaming industry’s influence on everyday life continues to grow. And when it comes to live video, one thing rings true: If you can dream it, the experts at Wowza can help you build it.
Why Work for Wowza
Wowza’s global team is headquartered in the foothills of Colorado, with plenty of parking and Buffalo roaming right across the street. Generous PTO and paid holidays, a healthy work-life-balance, and a 401K that vests immediately are among the many reasons we love working here.
The tight-knit crew benefits from a dog-friendly workplace, unlimited snacks, catered lunches, holiday parties, and more. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza’s team also works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.