Senior Software Engineer, Shopper Experience
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Work with a cross-functional, highly talented team to design, develop and deliver new features that will be used by millions of shoppers
- Use the latest cloud technologies from AWS to design and build flexible, scalable, reliable and high-performing applications
- Build new microservices using the right language/tool for the job. Our current microservices are written in a variety of languages including Java, Node, Ruby, Scala, Clojure, etc.
- Identify and fix performance bottlenecks
- Work with big data sets (hundreds of millions of rows)
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Deploy code multiple times a day
- Implement serverless architectures
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 5+ years of experience in software development
- Fundamental knowledge of object-oriented software design, development, and architectural principles
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and NoSQL type databases like MySQL, Aurora, DynamoDB, and Redis is valuable, but knowing when to use each is far more important
- You embrace the DevOps culture and accept ownership of the whole development and delivery lifecycle
Here are some of the traits that we seek in great engineers:
- love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- look for ways to continually challenge yourself and develop as an engineer
- understand that communication is a huge part of your software engineering responsibility and practice it daily
- understand that testing your code is one of the most important aspects of software engineering; quality is free if you are willing to pay the price
- respect diverse perspectives and like collaborating with other engineers to solve hard problems
- understand that delivering products incrementally helps provide more value to the business
- trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate. You are not afraid to voice your opinions, but you are okay with not always being right
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $350 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.