CircleCI is looking for full-stack engineers to help us build upon our Insights product. With Insights, we’re using the wealth of data CircleCI has to offer to help customers make better engineering decisions. As a member of our Insights Engineering team, you will work with your teammates in product, design, and engineering to iterate rapidly iterate on a product that will make a huge impact on how CircleCI’s customers build and deploy their software.About the Team
The Insights team is working on a powerful and relatively new product that provides our customers with an avenue to monitor success/failure rates, throughput, mean time to recovery, as well as duration metrics, test metrics and more for all of their jobs, workflows, and pipelines. The Insights service truly spans the full stack! From informational visualizations in the UI through to our event-based back-end service, we own and maintain it all.What you’ll do:
- Bring an API-first approach to the development of new features in our Insights product across backend services, APIs, and UIs.
- Simplify and scale our systems as we rapidly grow and evolve.
- Collaborate with product management and designers, helping to brainstorm on new features and working closely with your engineering teammates to implement them.
- Write plenty of scalable, testable, high-quality and high-performance code.
- Participate in a culture of observability and monitoring: using operational data to help the team improve our systems’ stability and performance.
- As part of this role, you’ll participate in our team’s on-call support rotation.
Do you enjoy continuous learning and open communication? Do you want to contribute to a highly effective and collaborative team with opportunities to apply your expertise and favorite approaches? If this sounds like you, here’s what we're interested in:
- Experience writing, deploying, and operating web application code anywhere within the technology stack (we use React, Typescript, GraphQL and Clojure, but it’s ok if you have not used them yet).
- Code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable.
- Demonstrated experience building applications and services - ideally with some professional experience across the entire web application stack.
- Excitement to adjust to changing priorities, quickly learn new skills, and grow through collaboration.
- Experience in the day-to-day practices of continuous delivery and agile development.
- We value openness and collaboration across distributed teams.
- We favor regular, incremental delivery of value over perfection.
- We encourage continuous learning and improvement for teams and team members
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in The United States and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $133,500 - $157,000/yr
Level: Mid-Senior Level