Senior Software Engineer, Identity Services at JumpCloud (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:23 a.m. (MST) on Saturday, December 4, 2021
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
JumpCloud is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join an engineering feature team focusing on JumpCloud’s Identity Management Platform. You will have an opportunity to play a key role in the success of this team as it delivers core value to our customers. This individual needs to be a talented technical leader who is just as comfortable proposing technical solutions as they are in coordinating across members of the team to deliver incremental value on a feature to end customers. Identity Management services are a key part of the entire JumpCloud product portfolio which maintains our core graph and ensures the needed external services are synchronized seamlessly. This, along with our Auth services, provides the foundation for our identity and security solutions, both cloud and device based.
With JumpCloud’s Cloud Identity Management Platform, we’ve taken User Identity and made it ubiquitous - from integrating with external directories, allowing full management of User Identity within JumpCloud, and dispatching that User Identity to all the networks, resources and devices they use.
What you will be doing…
- Drive the feature implementation of the team through both individual contributions along with providing guidance to the team in terms of organization, process and design.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, architects and UX on a scrum team to deliver incremental value that is core to our Identity Management services.
- Help shape the future of our Identity Management services roadmap by participating in planning/scoping conversations with product.
- Partner with architects and DevOps to help make key technology decisions that ensure our designs are highly available, scalable and performant.
- Help the team and organization live by our core values: building connections, thinking big and getting 1% better every day.
We’re looking for…
- 8+ years of commercial software development experience in a variety of languages. JumpCloud currently uses Go, Node.js, Python and Vue.js.
- 5+ years of experience developing SaaS applications in one of the public cloud providers AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Hands on experience working with distributed systems and microservices architecture, bonus points if you have experience with docker in development and production environments.
- Solid understanding of designing and implementing RESTful APIs and using them as integration points with third-party applications.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines (Travis/CircleCI) to build, test and deploy along with an understanding of how feature flags can be incorporated into the process.
- Knowledge of BDD testing methodologies and how to incorporate them into the SDLC process.
- Willingness to mentor junior members of the team.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role, depending on individual candidate level and experience, is $127,000 to $182,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First. All of our roles are remote. If a role requires you to be in a certain location or country, that will be clearly stated in the job description. All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States.
Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote, work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description