Senior Software Engineer, Frontend - Peaksware Labs
Peaksware Labs is looking for creators that have a flair for experimenting. Our mission is to ‘Enable skill development through deliberate practice’ and we help connect doers to the enablers. The Labs team is here to explore new domains, generate and incubate ideas and support Peaksware as a whole. Join us as a Frontend Senior Software Engineer at our new “Labs” space at Industry in Denver’s trendy RiNo location!
Why join our team?
- Learning - You will always be learning something new and you will have lots of fun doing it. You will experiment with different tools and technologies.
- Teaching - You will be teaching what you learn to the broader Peaksware team, whether it is technology, architecture principles, or productivity hacks.
- Influencing architecture - You will have a greater say in how the system is architected.
- Fail fast philosophy - You are free to pursue any ideas aligned with the vision of the team and company. And if you fail, it is okay as long as you learn.
- Solving a variety of problems - You will work on solving various problems on both the business and technical fronts, from implementing a web server to creating a technology framework that improves developer productivity.
- Community - You will have opportunities to contribute within the general developer community by participating in open source development, conferences and hackathons.
You will be successful in this position, if:
- You have 5 - 7 years of experience in programming, preferably in frontend web technologies
- You have bachelor’s degree in CS or STEM degree OR comparable work experience AND coursework/education
- You have experience with HTML, CSS, APIs and web technologies
- You have a passion for writing clean code with tests and understand CI/CD principles
- You are not afraid to make technology decisions and have experience pragmatically choosing the right tool for the job
- You like to actively participate and work with a small, highly motivated and high-speed team; you possess excellent communication and collaboration skills
- You are curious! You are willing and eager to learn new technologies and question the status quo
It would be great if also:
- You have working knowledge of APIs and API design
- You have working knowledge of RDBMS and SQL
- You have previously worked with AWS
If this job description excites you, we're looking forward to connecting!
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- 401(k) 5% match
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Dog friendly office
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Denver RiNo location at Industry workspace with stocked kitchen, good coffee, access to nearby restaurants and regular in office happy hours
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust