Senior Software Engineer, Device Management Windows/Mac/Linux at JumpCloud (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:14 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, May 31, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Organization:
Our Device Management organization is changing the way IT admins and users securely use their devices to get work done. Our unique development approach brings fast-paced SaaS methodologies to a traditionally stagnant and slow moving environment. Our Go agent running on customer laptops evolves quickly (weekly releases!?!) and gives IT admins instant access to thousands of data points about their heterogeneous environment. We believe giving admins a secure platform for their users enables our customers to move fast, stay secure, and save time. Our Device Management team is at the heart of this vision. Come join us!
About the Role:
We’re looking for senior software engineers to be the next members of our growing Device Management teams. Depending on your aptitude and abilities, you’ll be working with the full technology stack, all the way from operating systems internals to SaaS front-end code. We're using the latest and greatest technologies like GoLang, Node, Docker, ELK Stack, Redis, and more.
Haven’t used those technologies? No worries: we believe that good engineering is not technology specific.
We have roles open on teams focusing on both Windows and Linux and are excited to speak to candidates with experience delivering software solutions on either platform.
The Problems You'll Be Solving...
- As a key part of our devices management engineering team you’ll lead developing features that enable JumpCloud devices management to secure and authenticate across environments with heterogeneous operating systems. Continuous improvement is a core value at JumpCloud. We challenge every member of our team to be 1% better everyday.
- Partner with product, UX and other senior engineers on feature discovery and rapid prototyping to help shape the long term roadmap in the JumpCloud product portfolio.
- Partner with our architects to help make key technology decisions, inform build vs. buy decisions, and inform new product development vs. technical debt decisions
- Lead and contribute to device management areas ranging from working with operating system APIs & internals to contributing to our cloud platform
- Help your engineering team continuously improve our processes, techniques and technologies
We’re Looking for…
- 5+ years of industry/production programming experience
- Bachelor and/or Master degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience delivering products collaboratively and end-to-end, from ideation through planning and scoping to implementation and maintenance
- Comfortable working in a cross-platform environment (Mac/Linux/Windows)
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies, languages, and frameworks
- Experience designing, programming, and implementing large information systems.
- Excellent organizational and inclusive technical leadership skills
- Experience in any of the following: Go, NodeJS, Java, Python, C, C#, or C++, with a willingness to learn Go and/or NodeJS
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $136,000-$179,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides a comprehensive benefits package, with several medical plans to choose from including a high deductible HSA plan with employer contribution, two dental plans, vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), employee assistance program (EAP), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan with match. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that are you able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
For US Roles: All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area but as a remote company, you are able to work remotely anywhere in the U.S. If you would like to spend time in the office in Denver/Boulder area, you are welcome do that as well.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description