Senior Software Engineer, Developer Tooling at CircleCI
CircleCI is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is excited to contribute to our internal Developer Tooling team. Our mission is to eliminate developer toil by creating and maintaining tools, services, and libraries that reduce time to delivery, reduce ongoing maintenance, and increase reliability. We enable engineers throughout CircleCI to do their work more efficiently by reducing manual and repetitive tasks.
You will join a distributed team building features and services designed specifically for CircleCI engineering teams. You will write sustainable, resilient code, and partner with team members to define best practices as part of an engineering organization that values collaboration, trust, and learning.What you’ll do:
- Develop new libraries, tools and services for use by engineering teams across CircleCI.
- Write sustainable, high-quality, high-performance code.
- Create and maintain documentation for internal technologies and best practices.
- Work across teams to identify enhancements to our internal developer experience.
- Facilitate adoption of our internal tooling.
- Assist teams to leverage tools to gain better insight into the behavior of their systems in production.
- Foster a culture of observability and monitoring.
- 3+ years of backend development experience with micro-services and distributed systems.
- Enjoy improving internal processes and tooling.
- A focus on delivering high-quality code through strong testing practices.
- Work transparently and collaboratively within a distributed team.
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for yourself and your team.
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth system for engineers. This position is level E3. If you are not sure this is you, we encourage you to apply. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.Work remotely with our globally distributed team!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in Ireland and United Kingdom.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.