Senior Software Engineer, Data Intelligence at CircleCI
At CircleCI, we enable thousands of developers to do better work every day. We want your help building a brand-new team whose mission is to use our wealth of data to make CircleCI better for each and every one of those developers! Our new Data Intelligence team will be the first CircleCI team to use machine learning to power features within our customer-facing application.
We’re in search of experienced engineers who will join this growing team and help define this new space. Take the rare opportunity to be a key part of discovery, research, and development within a brand-new domain at CircleCI and craft a space that will play a key role in defining the future of our product.About Our Team
We haven’t built it yet, and we’d like you to help! Product engineering teams at CircleCI are staffed with around 7-8 engineers, a dedicated engineering manager, and other members like product managers, data scientists and analysts, designers, and user researchers. You’ll be a part of the hiring and staffing process for this team - from working with engineering leadership on establishing skillset needs, to interviewing candidates, to onboarding new teammates.
You’ll also have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with teams across our product and platform engineering organisation. Teams like our core engineering group, our data science and infrastructure teams, and our growth engineering teams, helping our customers engage with our platform at every step of the way.What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with your peers to spec out, build, and test new features, simplify existing services, and scale our systems particularly in the areas of API development for data- and machine learning-focused features. This includes frequent pair programming.
- Support, maintain and debug microservices in a scalable, distributed system.
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, data analysts, and business partners to learn about our business priorities, explore solutions, weigh in on tradeoffs, and help set the strategic direction of our product.
- Participate in our on-call engineering rotation.
- You have 3+ years of experience building, testing, deploying, and debugging distributed systems in production environments, ideally with some experience in machine learning or closely related specialties
- You’ve built distributed services for scale, with testing, instrumentation, and observability built into the fabric of your work.
- You’re willing to pick up new technologies and languages (find our entire tech stack here), and aren’t afraid to admit what you don’t know.
- You’re a strong, empathetic and flexible communicator. You flourish while collaborating with your team and its key partners. And you can effectively balance technical tradeoffs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively.
- You approach problems with curiosity and an open mind.
- You write code that’s easily readable, testable, maintainable and observable. And you feel a sense of ownership and accountability for the features you build.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Colorado Salary Range: $131,500 - $154,500/yr
Level: Mid-Senior Level