At Pie we are pioneering a new approach to insurance. As a rapidly growing insurtech startup, we are disrupting an industry that is ripe for change. We focus on small business, and each Pie-oneer has the opportunity to help small business owners achieve their dreams through accessible and affordable workers compensation coverage. Pie has an inclusive, values-driven culture, where hard working self-motivated team members have limitless growth opportunities.
As a Senior SDET, you will be working cross-functionally across the best in class engineering organization that Pie has built and developed in order to ensure the highest class of engineering quality. You will have access to cutting edge technological tools, and have a huge opportunity to impact Pie’s growth at scale.
How You’ll Do It
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you’ll be an instrumental member of Pie’s growing Engineering team. You will own and build quality solutions to support our large-scale backend systems and microservices. This will involve writing and using automation to consistently test code and get it ready for production. Cross-functional partnership will also be instrumental in this position: a good SDET will be the champion of quality within your team, ensuring quality-focused approaches from both development and product. You will work with various teams across the company to understand testing requirements and then execute these tests using automation.
The Right Stuff
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a similar quantitative field
- Heavy experience in software engineering / development in an object oriented environment.
- 6+years’ experience as an engineer with a focus in quality/testing. You will need to have strong engineering experience and be able to produce production ready code.
- Ability to execute on ideas and recommendations to position the team
- Desire to quickly understand Pie’s platform, architecture, and integrations with 3rd party vendors.
- Comfortable with chaotic change that comes with a start-up. You must thrive in it, love it, and adapt as needed.
- Competitive Salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- 7 days of paid sick leave
- Commute Allowance
- 401k Match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Generous Parental Leave
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance raises an additional $118M in funding
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie Insurance Raises $45M Series B