Senior Software Developer
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do
Billtrust is seeking a Senior Software Developer (C#) to join our Agile team tasked with building and supporting features for our VueBill platform, responsible for processing $150M+ in payments each month. You will leverage skills in software design, coding and deployment as a member of a fast-paced SCRUM team, and collaborate cross-functionally to determine feasibility of design, ensure code quality and deliver releases. You will also take responsibility of helping evolve our development organization in areas such as Agile practices, unit testing, API design and software performance.
- Architect, code, implement and support high-quality software solutions
- Provide code review and support to junior members of the development team
- Work with SCRUM team to deliver 100% of our quarterly releases on-time
- Improve and build upon existing unit test libraries
- Build highly-scalable software solutions that will improve overall page load performance
- As part of a team, evolve our modern CI/CD infrastructure
What you'll bring to the team
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of testable application design principles, utilizing NUnit or similar
- Experience building behavior-driven development tests for desired business behavior
- Ability to design and implement REST APIs
- Experience with CI/CD tooling, such as GitLab, Jenkins and/or Octopus
- Well-honed skills in source control management (Git)
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well with a distributed team
- Demonstrated experience within an Agile/SCRUM process
- Experience with workflow or ETL development nice-to-have
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), banking, payments, or product-centric business preferred
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience), along with a firm understanding of data structures and scalable software design
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer each individual employee a healthcare package that is 100% paid for by Billtrust.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located just east of downtown Denver several miles from the Denver International Airport.