Senior Software Developer - Java at BillGO
BillGO is re-inventing BillPay, and we need your help. The Senior Software Developer is a unique position that would have a broad technical background. Key factors for this position are not only technical aptitude, but also being a problem solver, a continuous learner, and a great collaborator. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a team to solve big problems in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities & Goals:
- Own features of our internal systems, which manage bill payment processing for a client financial institutions.
- Have a deep understanding of the systems: Know the end-to-end processing of a payment presented to the system (component flow), the data model, the API and the details of the components they deliver. Recognize knowledge gaps and proactively seek to fill in those gaps.
- Deliver on-quality, on-time features and tasks assigned with minimal oversight.
- Provide mentorship to key team members and lead by example
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience with large database environment
- Experience with high volume message processing
- Experience with Java tech stack
- Experience with cloud environment (preferably AWS, but any experience is valued)
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Seeks to understand the whole of how things work beyond their functional area
- Stoked by solving customer issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to own broad feature areas independently
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related major with strong academic record
- Willingness to work in a highly collaborative environment where the belief is that great ideas can come from anywhere
Recommended but not required:
- Experience in payments industry
- Experience in small company environment
The compensation for this role ranges from 130-160k. This range is based on market assessments, and may vary depending on experience and qualifications.