Senior Site Reliability Engineer at VMware Carbon Black
Senior Site Reliability Engineer Boulder, Colorado or Remote USA
Our Engineering team is building a managed Kubernetes platform to enable seamless CI/CD from development to production as we migrate our legacy services to containers. You’ll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, as we move “all-in” on AWS. Here, engineering opportunities are endless.
What You’ll Do
- Ownership, architecture, and management of a container orchestration platform on AWS infrastructure components such as EKS/ECR, VPCs, EC2, S3, tagging schemes, IAM roles.
- Deployment, and management of automation of cloud-based infrastructure and software
- Working with configuration management tools in Linux - Terraform, Packer, Salt, Ansible,
- Ensuring cloud-based architectures meet 12-Factor principles.
- Architecture and implementation of cloud-based monitoring, alerting and reporting – Prometheus, Logz.io, Wavefront, Kibana, Pagerduty.
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing AWS infrastructure
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with technical operations and software development Solid understanding/experience of containers and container orchestration
- Working knowledge of the following:
- AWS services, particularly EC2, VPC, IAM
- Infrastructure as code, particularly Terraform
- Expert knowledge of Kubernetes & container workloads
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior engineers and work with remote teams
- Demonstrated ability to design and lead development of best practices infrastructure
- Solid understanding/experience of continuous integration and deployment practices and supporting infrastructure/architectures
- Ability to manage code using a preferred scripting language, e.g. Golang, Python, Ruby
- Experience with Git and related workflows for code management
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level SaaS environment
- Security Experience a plus
- Team Player with a sense of humor
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Site Reliability
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-10-09
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.