Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Greenhouse Software
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
We’re searching for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer who’ll help keep our site performant and secure by building scalable and fault-tolerant cloud infrastructure using technologies like Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes. In the coming year, you'd help us build out advanced monitoring and auto-scaling systems, support for global scalability and disaster recovery, and continuous integration and deployment for our applications. Our Infrastructure team is a critical part of our organization, responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining Greenhouse’s platform which brings us closer to the goal of delivering the best recruiting software possible which brings us closer to the goal of delivering the best recruiting software possible.
Learn more about our engineering culture here!
Who will love this job:
- A problem solver, who not only thinks about the bigger picture, but can also connect the dots and dedicatedly resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- A lover of detail with the mentality to analyze and manage large problem domains
- A doer, who doesn't just tinker but has a strong bias for action
- A great teammate, who is able to contribute and thrive within a fast-paced environment
What you’ll do:
- Build new features and improvements to our Kubernetes-based PaaS
- Enhance system observability by instrumenting applications, adding new data sources, and creating high-impact dashboards and alerts
- Collaborate with product engineers to design new applications and make them performant, scalable, and reliable
- Scale the platform to deliver a consistently great user experience worldwide
- Learn and deploy cutting-edge tools and technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Container Linux, Terraform, Prometheus, Grafana, and Go
You Should Have:
- A deep understanding of Linux systems
- Experience running production cloud infrastructure
- Proficiency in a high-level programming language
- A knack for troubleshooting and fixing hard bugs
- Ability to design and build large distributed systems
- Your unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above, tell us in your cover letter why you’d be a great fit for this role.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
The ranges provided below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $145,000 - $190,000
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer flexible vacation, commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan, and for Dublin-based employees we offer 25 days' vacation and a pension plan.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page.
**Due to COVID-19, all Greenhouse employees are working remotely until further notice.**