AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Sr. Robotics Software Engineer reporting to our Robot Software Manager to focus on the development of applications and tooling used to operate and maintain robotics systems.
As our Senior Robotics Software Engineer, you will work to:
- Develop new software features
- Robotic capabilities
- Hardware integrations
- UI Components and services
- Cloud integrations
- Visualizations and introspections
- Improve and maintain the quality of our software application
- Writing functional / integration / unit tests
- Performing code reviews
- Help shape internal architecture and tools to aid development
- Identify and fix code health issues
- Improve performance / reduce hardware requirements
- Profiling and identifying bottlenecks
- Optimizing / re-implementing code
- Technically lead software development efforts
- Create software designs and effectively communicate them
- Interface with other teams (ML, Web, DevOps, Testing) to own complete lifecycle of features
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven ability to create high quality, high performance software
- Experience developing for embedded / robotic systems
- 5+ years working on a software development team
- Shipped software on schedule
- History of being effective in dynamic software teams
- Startup ready mentality
- Passion for recycling, robotics and changing the world
- Framework Experience:
- ROS, OpenCV, Boost
- Language Familiarity:
- C++, Python, Typescript / Angular
- Cyber Security familiarity/experience
- Embedded Computer Vision
- Testing with Hardware in the Loop and Simulation
- Data Analysis, Statistical Modeling, Probabilistics
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent industry experience working on software
- 5+ years working on a software development team
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Interact with physical robotic systems to operate and test
- Louisville, CO
- No regular travel needed
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & Compensation Information: $126,000 - $178,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).