Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
At Evolve we’re a hardworking team serious about hospitality. Our teams work every day to make vacation rental easy for everyone — from our owners who trust Evolve to build their business to our guests who rest easy with every stay to our Evolvers who make this difference a reality. Our values anchor our daily decisions and interactions with our customers, communities, and each other. Join our inclusive culture in one of the most rapidly-growing segments in travel. Find your home at Evolve.
Why this role
We are looking for a driven and results oriented Senior QA Automation Engineer to join our Custom Development Team. You are a highly technical, self-starter with experience building well designed automation test frameworks for complex applications. You will be responsible for defining and implementing strategies to enhance the QA teams’ ability to perform testing in a more efficient manner. You will research automation tools and methodologies to enable the QA team to test more efficiently and with higher quality. You will be collaborating with Product Owner, Devs, DevOps and QA to plan and implement your automated testing solutions.
What you’ll do
- Define and implement test automation strategy including roadmaps, tools, framework, and approach, including development of an automation framework
- Actively work with development and infrastructure teams for integrating test automation as an integral part of the CI/CD delivery pipeline
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, training and mentoring to implement test automation across the development organization
- Pro-actively seek to make continuous improvements to test coverage, automation, testing methods, processes, tools
- Participate in and contribute to code reviews
What makes you a great fit
- 5+ years of experience as a Software QA Automation Engineer
- Experience with test automation frameworks for frontend or backend technologies
- Experience with industry standard QA practices (black box testing, risk-based testing, End-to-End testing, regression testing, exploratory testing practices)
- Experience using automation tools like Selenium, WebdriverIO or similar
- Strong experience testing and automation of API REST-based web services
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be detailed oriented
- Be passionate about software testing and solving hard problems
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and experience as an Agile team member
- Development within cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, and GCP)
- Experience leading QA automation projects and developing testing frameworks
- Linux and Microsoft operating system experience
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with Agile and CI/CD best practices
- Performance testing
- Mobile testing
We currently are able to hire throughout the U.S except in the following states: California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, New Jersey, New Mexico and Pennsylvania. If you live in Colorado, you can work remotely anywhere in the state, at our downtown Denver office, or a hybrid of both!
For this role our salary range is $105,000 to $120,000, depending on relevant experience. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Total approximate compensation:$118,125 - $135,000
Additional compensation details:
Equity 50% of salary equivalent RSUs
Variable comp: 10% of salary target
How we reward Evolvers
Evolvers have access to highly competitive benefits and rewards that support their whole well-being so they can focus on bringing their best selves to work.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave for birth and non-birth parents
- Infertility coverage
- Child care discounts and locator support
- Pet insurance to cover your furry children
- Comprehensive health plans that include a 100% employer paid option for you and your family
- 100% employer-paid dental and vision for you and your family
- 8 free mental health visits
Unplug and Explore
- Take some time away from work with generous PTO, sick, holidays, and a personal holiday to celebrate what’s more important to YOU
- Annual Evolve travel credit after 1 year
- Discounts to stay at Evolve properties
Learn Every Day
- World class onboarding programs
- Learning and development opportunities
About Us: Still curious about who we are and what we do? Read more about our business and our culture at evolve.com.
At Evolve, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Evolve participates in e-Verify for all positions.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any point in the job application and interview process, please email [email protected].