Senior QA Engineer - Growth Engineering at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:05 a.m. (MST) on Friday, May 7, 2021
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 3,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
JumpCloud is looking for a talented Senior QA Engineer to be an embedded member within our Growth Engineering Team with a focus in both manual and automated testing. This unique, cross-functional team comprises Marketing, Product, UX, Technical Writing, Customer Education, Data Analytics and Engineering team members. The team’s mission is to optimize the user experience, implement new features, and reduce customer friction using metrics and experimentation to improve customer satisfaction and business results.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll learn and over time become an expert in the JumpCloud product.
- You’ll cross-functionally collaborate to contribute to ideas, approach, sizing, and create test plans / cases for stories within our Agile/Scrum workflow.
- You’ll execute manual and automated tests against our internal APIs, customer APIs, and web app UIs.
- You’ll write Jira cards as needed for discovered issues, work with the team on resolution of issues, and progress release candidates through our CI/CD pipeline.
- You’ll collaborate with other QA and engineering staff to understand, utilize, and evolve our BDD automated testing, including creating/enhancing BDD test automation to cover Sprint functionality.
- You'll work in an Agile team with a focus on delivering incremental value often. Together we’re building the future of cloud-based secure access to apps and IT resources for people working anywhere.
We’re looking for...
- Passionate QA engineers to be the next member of our awesome growth engineering team.
- 8+ years experience with QA test planning, test case creation, manual testing, creating issue tickets, and collaborating in an Agile QA process.
- Skilled in testing web apps and APIs, including setup/configuration of test environments and tools.
- Willingness to perform manual testing where needed.
- Experience in using tools to automate API and web app UI testing. Familiarity with Gherkin, PyTest, Cypress and/or other test automation tools are a plus.
- Skilled in using browser dev tools and test tools to view details and identify errors.
- Skilled in querying and manipulating database values.
- Skilled in mentoring others to become more effective QA engineers.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to be productive in a collaborative cross-functional team using Agile/Scrum.
- Strong team player that wants to win together with flexibility to adapt and maintain productivity in a high-growth, dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Bonus if you have the following:
- Degree in Computer Science, Technology or related field.
- Experience writing scripts to setup or manipulate data / prerequisites.
- Experience coding, preferably in Python, but other languages qualify.
- Experience deploying, installing and configuring apps / tools on cloud-based servers in addition to your local workstation.
- Familiarity with TestRail or other test case management tools.
- Familiarity with A/B testing techniques.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $120,000-$145,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description