What if you could change the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
RingCentral Engage is an omnichannel contact center system based on a microservices architecture that is hosted in AWS, delivers five 9’s of availability and services millions of phone calls and messages per day. As a member of the team, you’ll solve complex, business-critical problems with elegant, user-friendly solutions that perform at massive scale. It’s a once-in-a-career opportunity to get your hands on the latest-and-greatest technologies, and build the platform that’s reshaping the way the world communicates.
- This role is a team-lead position within RingCentral Engage.
- Investigate / troubleshoot cloud telephony, server, and application-level issues on the Engage Contact Center platform
- Drive escalation management and incident management; participate in root cause analysis
- Become a technical product expert and understand the complete system and codebase
- Develop tools and ideas to enhance monitoring and troubleshooting
- Participate in feature enhancement and software patches
- Cross Functional collaboration
- Team Leadership: organize and maintain small team of critical production engineers
- Provide team Leadership: develop and report on critical team KPIs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent, is required
- 8+ years of software engineering or production application support experience
- 2+ years in a team leadership or management role
- Strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills
- Strong proficiency in Linux and Linux system analysis
- Strong proficiency in log and database analysis
- Proficiency with at least one scripting and automation language (Bash, Python, etc)
- Knowledge and understanding of JVM runtimes
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Experience with cloud application platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Demonstrable experience in Scala
- Good understanding of Agile and test-driven development
- Have worked as a Senior level software engineer
Benefits and Amenities:
- Office Located in Boulder, CO (remote to start)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Regular complimentary organic breakfast and lunch, fully stocked break rooms
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.