Senior Process Development Engineer at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are looking for a Process Development Engineer to join the Operations Engineering team at ArcherDX/Invitae. This team is responsible for transferring, developing and improving process in the regulated In Vitro Device operation. Our process must be capable of producing a high volume and high mix of customized assays used in oncology, immunology, and constitutional genomics. The process development engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and improving manufacturing process and will work closely with R&D, Quality, and Operations to support new and existing products.
- Analyze and improve current production processes
- Develop, test, and implement new manufacturing processes
- Provide expertise in automation, design of processes and scale-up
- Generate documentation required to create and improve automated and manual process
- Help adapt robotic equipment to support the automation of the production processes
- Communicate effectively with all levels of R&D, production and management
- Coordinate with production and manufacturing for the evaluation and implementation of new equipment and processes
- 5-8 years of experience in production support/sustaining and/or process development, design, scale-up, process improvement and validation
- Experience designing, programming and delivering applications
- Experience working in a GXP environment with emphasis on GCP, GLP, and GMP
- Experience in documenting and analyzing experimental data
- Experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industries (is a plus)
- Robotic equipment for liquid handling experience (is a plus)
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform, a self-starter
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $85,000 per year. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.