Senior iOS SDK Developer at Stream (Remote)
For our Chat SDK team we are seeking a Senior iOS SDK Developer to work on our native iOS SDK libraries.What you will be doing
As an iOS SDK Developer, you strive to simplify how applications are built. You will lead by example, raise the team’s technological proficiency, and influence the rest of the team towards best practices and mature technological choices.
You will write and maintain our open-source SDKs that are used by hundreds of our customers and consumed by hundreds of millions of their users.
Most of your day will be dedicated to software design, research, and coding. You will work with modern iOS technologies, such as Swift, SwiftUI, and Combine, with a heavy focus on code quality, API design, testing, and CI/CD processes.About You
- Passion for writing simple and testable code, and for designing APIs meant to be used by other developers
- Deep knowledge of UIKit, experience with SwiftUI, modular UI elements, and design systems
- Proficiency in Swift and the iOS development ecosystem
- An enthusiasm for all kinds of iOS testing: unit, integration, UI, snapshot tests
- Knowledge of CoreData
- Experience with developing SDK libraries or maintaining open-source projects
- Familiarity with reactive patterns, experience with RxSwift or Combine
- Experience with Fastlane and CI/CD best practices
- History of success. From Amsterdam to Boulder and Techstars in-between, Stream has raised over $58.25M to build the best Chat Messaging & Activity Feed infrastructure available, with best-in-class support.
- Freedom and endless growth opportunities. As a rapidly growing startup (since 2020 we have gone from 30 to 150 employees), Stream gives you unique personal and professional growth opportunities. The opportunity of true ownership and accountability has a massive impact on your career. These are the things you can rarely experience in huge corporations.
- Be on the front line of progress and innovation. While working with cutting-edge technology, we are passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale and creating reusable components for them, empowering engineering teams to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience.
- They believe in us: Stream is backed by leading VC companies (Felicis Ventures, GGV Capital, 01.Advisors, Techstars, Arthur Ventures), including backers like Dick Costolo (01 Advisors, ex-CEO of Twitter), Olivier Pomel (CEO of Datadog), Tom Preston-Werner (Co-Founder of GitHub), Nicolas Dessaigne (Co-Founder of Algolia), Johnny Boufarhat (Founder and CEO of Hopin).
- Complete location and working hours flexibility. If you prefer working from the office, working 100% remotely, combining both, or relocating to our AMS office, you have total freedom to choose what works best for you and makes you happy. We’re here to support you in being productive and feeling part of the team, no matter where you are.
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- 28 days paid time off plus paid Dutch holidays
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- Remote work flexibility
- A Learning and Development budget
- Commute expenses to Amsterdam covered or the option to use a company bike within the city
- Fitness stipend
- Monthly in-office chair massages by a professional
- MacBook Pro
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present at global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
- Parental leave paid at 100%
Note: this list of benefits applies to Netherlands-based employees and is adjusted per your location of residence.Our culture
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Now, Stream is a team of over 130+ peers from over 35 countries across the globe.
We value transparency, aim for excellence, and support each other on our way to new victories.
Our team consists of the strongest talents worldwide, making Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills.
When it comes to software engineering, our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
Salary: Our salary ranges are based on national averages. We have wide ranges so we can be flexible and determine compensation based on a number of factors including the candidate's skills, level of experience, and location.
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.