Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Billing and Pricing Teams at CircleCI (Remote)
At CircleCI, we enable thousands of developers like you to do better work every day. As we rapidly grow and scale, we’re seeking curious, experienced full-stack engineers in North America who are interested in helping us take continuous integration to the next level.About us:
The Billing and Pricing teams maintain a set of mission-critical services and infrastructure that ensure the accurate handling of millions of dollars across thousands of daily transactions. We work hand-in-hand with our Product, Revenue, Data, Customer Success and Finance teams on impactful projects that are instrumental to the growth of CircleCI.Billing:
The Billing team’s mission is to enable customers to optimize the value of the CircleCI platform through usage transparency and easy and convenient billing. We’re ensuring the accuracy, reliability and scalability of our billing platform, integrating with internal systems to provide a complete view of our financial data, and refining our usage tracking and reporting for customers and internal teams.Pricing:
The Pricing team strives to provide the perfect balance of feature packages and pricing to meet the CI/CD needs of every software organization at every stage of growth. We’re building a dynamic and flexible pricing and packaging engine capable of making quick adaptations based on analysis and experimentation.What you’ll do:
- Learn and grow on an egoless team of engineers with diverse skill sets who put well-being first.
- Collaborate with your peers to design, build and test new features, simplify existing services, and scale our systems. This includes frequent pair programming.
- Partner closely with your cross-functional team members (product managers, designers, data analysts) and internal teams to learn about our business priorities, explore solutions, weigh in on tradeoffs, and help set the future direction of our product.
- Support, maintain and debug microservices in a complex distributed system.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to help our customers when they need it most, with team members who have your back.
- You have 3+ years of experience building, testing, deploying and debugging distributed systems in production environments.
- You have a solid understanding of functional programming.
- You have recent front-end experience with a solid back-end foundation, and enthusiastically approach everything from UI to API design with the same level of respect, intention, ownership and accountability.
- You’re willing to pick up new technologies and languages, and aren’t afraid to admit what you don’t know.
- You’re a strong, empathetic and flexible communicator and collaborator who enjoys working cross functionally.
- You strive to write code that’s easily readable, testable, maintainable and observable.
- You’re passionate about ensuring that all systems -- software and human -- scale smoothly.
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth system for engineers. This position is level E3. If you’re not sure this is you, we encourage you to apply! Find more about the matrix in this blog post.Work remotely with our globally distributed team!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in The United States and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $123,500 - $145,000/yr
Level: Mid-Senior Level