At CircleCI, we enable thousands of developers to do better work every day. We're looking for full-stack folks to nurture the systems that make it possible.
The Core mission is to provide best-in-breed Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. As a Core member, you’ll own essential microservices and build features at the heart of our platform: Orbs, Pipelines, permissions, our data model, and the CLI, for example. You’ll also collaborate daily with talented colleagues across North America and western Europe.
This is a full-time role at the E3 level, and requires participation in our on-call support rotation.What You’ll Do:
- Design and build new features, simplify existing services, and scale our systems as we rapidly grow and evolve.
- Write sustainable, testable, high-quality, high-performance code.
- Support, maintain, and debug microservices in a complex distributed system.
- Foster a culture of observability and monitoring: use operational data to help your team increase the stability, performance, and usage of our systems.
- Partner with members of a cross-functional team and other stakeholders to set the direction of our product: learn about our business problems, explore solutions, weigh design tradeoffs, write effective user stories, and prioritize them to deliver maximum value in a sustainable, incremental fashion.
- 3+ years of full stack professional experience building and debugging distributed systems in production environments.
- You write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable, with an eye towards baking observability in from the start.
- You enthusiastically approach everything from working on the UI to API design with the same level of respect and intention. You don’t need to be an expert in everything; T-shaped folks with an emphasis on frontend skills are ideal for these roles.
- You’re good at navigating and shaping the dynamics of a rapidly-growing company with a remote-first culture: quickly adapting when priorities change and making conscious tradeoffs with incomplete information.
- Work transparently and collaboratively within a distributed team.
- Favor regular, incremental delivery over perfection.
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for themselves and their teams.
- Are excited about ensuring that all of our systems—software and human—scale smoothly.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.