Senior Full Stack Engineer, Activation at CircleCI
CircleCI is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Activation Team. Are you interested in working with a team of full-stack engineers that are empathetic, creative, and curious about the experience of our newest users? If so, you will expand your skills to contribute to the growth of our product and business.
This is a full-time role at the E3 level on our Engineering Skills Matrix, and requires participation in our on-call support rotation.Our Team
The Growth Teams have made it our mission to help our users get the most out of CircleCI. We optimize our experience and guide users as they learn about and start using our product.
We achieve this by applying the scientific method to discover and optimize features by measuring user behavior. Based on what we discover, we may further refine our experiment or even roll it back and leave it behind. As long as we have learned something, experiments are considered successful.
Our position within the engineering organization is unique: we work with teams across the CircleCI Platform and are positioned to influence the strategic direction of the product.What you’ll get to do:
You will be accountable for the technical ownership of experiment delivery, and will accomplish this by collaborating with other specialists. You are going to be a key contributor to the software creation process, and in addition to this, will:
- Learn something new about our users every single day: through user feedback, data, and working with your teammates. Develop an understanding of how people use CircleCI, what makes them successful, and how we can evolve our product to engage more organizations.
- Deliver high exposure projects and tasks, and are keen to have a meaningful impact on our business.
- Hypothesize, plan, architect, implement, run, and review experiments to rapidly iterate on features.
- Collaborate with your engineering teammates to maintain and improve the tools we use for conducting experiments.
- Use Clojure and React.js (we will help you learn!). Learn more about our entire tech stack here.
Our senior engineers are curious and highly motivated to learn something every day! If you are interested in having strategic impact on a business as an engineer, here are some attributes that will make you stand out:
- You're motivated by what you've learned, not what you build, and you don't mind throwing out most of your code. You support a learning environment, and seek continuous improvement in yourself and others.
- We are driven by pursuing different types of projects, and digging deep into our users’ experience. You value knowledge and adapting based on data, and have attention to detail.
- You are a strong communicator and enjoy building positive relationships with your colleagues, brainstorming and developing ideas together. You have strong feedback skills and communicate openly with your team and are open to being wrong and having your mind changed.
- We practice continuous delivery to a production environment. You seek regular, incremental delivery over completeness, to bring value to our users, and continuously test your changes.
- We spend around 70% of our time on the frontend. As we grow our domain, we expect it to become more balanced between frontend and backend.
- We are comfortable with ambiguity and are inventive to seek solutions to problems that arise from change. You resolve the ambiguity of a rapidly-growing company: adjusting to changing priorities, making conscious tradeoffs when mentorship is limited and information is incomplete, and implementing methodologies from scratch when needed.
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. Our Growth teams are distributed across North America. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in the United States and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $123,500 - $145,000/year
Level: Mid-Senior Level