You are an experienced senior engineer with a strong orientation towards front end systems. You are looking for a position where you’ll get to build delightful user experiences and lay down the foundation for our mortgage platform. As a full-time senior member of the engineering team, you’ll help lead the effort to build and operate our software systems while also contributing to the decisions that will steer the product’s future. As a senior engineer, you will also mentor our team of talented technologists and work closely with our product team.
You need to be comfortable with deployment environments, writing database queries, building out backend services, and implementing APIs. We integrate with many third party services, so experience with a variety of third party APIs is a plus. In the past you have built and managed scaled platforms which enable many different users and use cases.
You’ll be a critical part of our product development team which is design, frontend and backend engineering combined. You’ll use your education and experience to inform our engineering process and decisions when building new features, enhancing existing functionality, and ensuring the availability of the entire platform.
Be prepared to:
- Prioritize and then execute. We focus on training our engineers to thoughtfully make an impact everyday and over the long term.
- Be a teammate people trust and enjoy working with. We focus on building an inclusive work environment where everyone’s voice is heard, respected, and encouraged.
- Grow yourself and others. Be an active learner. We focus on training our engineers to be experts, mentors, and leaders.
We strive to build a product development organization that:
- Delivers delightful products by reliably and quickly producing high-quality systems.
- Is full of teammates people trust and love working with.
- Is highly capable and competent across multiple domains and technologies.
- Can gracefully make trade-offs against multiple conflicting constraints.
- Aggressively overcomes obstacles to deliver amazing results.
- Delivers valuable, and trustworthy experiences to our customers and partners.
- Focuses on learning and improving its team members skills and abilities.
- Enables its members to be long term successful engineers and technologists.
- Has a vibrant culture and evidence-based practices (Lean/Agile/DevOps practices).
- Can deliver the solutions needed today (APIs, SaaS Mortgages, Integrations, Cloud Tech) and tomorrow (ML, Big Data).
Our technology stack:
- Backend: Ruby on Rails (Rails 5.x)
- Databases/Datastores: Postgres, Redis, Memcache
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS, Lambdas, SQS, and more.
- Domains: APIs, Microservice Architecture, Monitoring/Telemetry, Scaled Architectures
WHAT WE OFFER YOU?
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. You play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture. Some of our benefits include:
Meaningful equity as an employee at a growing, venture-backed software company. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind.
Top-tier insurance plans to select from along with a FSA and HSA where you can set aside pre-tax money for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
3 weeks of vacation time plus sick days, all 10 major holidays, and 1 floating holiday for your birthday, religious holiday, or other special day of your choice.
Up to 2 paid days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice.
An “Even Merrier Christmas” when we shut down the office between Christmas and New Year so you can enjoy your family and friends.
A powder ski day for that one day when you’ve just got to hit the slopes with no lift lines.
At Maxwell, our mission is to build enterprise software and services that empower people to make mortgage lending simpler and more accessible. Founded in 2015, our platform has grown to facilitate billions of dollars of mortgage volume for a growing network of lenders, service providers, real estate agents, and technology partners. We help lending teams work more efficiently and close loans 45% faster than the national average. We strive to make the lenders, and their employees, the real heroes who enable homeowners to achieve the American Dream.
Maxwell is based in beautiful Denver, Colorado and is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Techstars. Our world-class team of software experts and mortgage professionals work together and do whatever it takes to make each other successful. We’re privileged that our company has been recognized by HousingWire, Progress in Lending, MReport, and others as a leading innovator in our industry. At the end of the day, we are a company doing honest work that really matters in the real world -- one lender, one borrower, one homeowner at a time. And it works.