PlayerLync is one of the most innovative enterprise mobile solutions on the market. We’re a growing, dynamic, team-oriented software company committed to providing the best in class product and service to our customers. Our enterprise software solution integrates mobile content distribution and management with e-learning, digital forms, real-time communications, collaboration, and daily operational performance tracking all in one universal solution. PlayerLync software is used by very high-profile companies to move massive amounts of files on and off devices efficiently, limiting impact on network bandwidth while mobilizing millions of employees every day. In just a few years, our customer base has rapidly grown across multiple industries including professional sports franchises, top restaurant concepts, field services organizations, health care and global retail companies.
We are looking for a Senior Lead Front-End Engineer to join our web development team. As a startup, we are looking for an individual with a solid work ethic to help us continue to grow our product, people, and company. In this position, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing a strategy for moving web technologies to a SaaS environment. Creating new and innovative features to some of the top brand names. Implementing projects by translating company and customer needs into functional and appealing applications. You will work alongside our native application teams to build feature parity web products with iOS, Android, and Windows.
Because you will be responsible for interpreting and executing designs correctly, you must be able to effectively communicate with the backend-end services team as well as business stakeholders. We are a highly collaborative team, so you must be a team player, possess the ability to work with both well-defined and loosely defined specs, and anticipate / react to changes quickly in a fast-paced environment. You will be expected to work on Proof of Concept features and Research & Development projects.
Ultimately, we expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Experience creating and maintaining coding style guides, best practices and setting UI standards for enterprise applications.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Work directly with our Chief Architect and collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Lead and participate in code reviews to ensure high quality and maintainability
- Support and develop more junior software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Participate in early design discussions and collaborate with product team members to estimate tasks and solidify delivery schedules
- Introduce and educate colleagues on front-end best practices and new techniques/frameworks/libraries
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience using front end frameworks and libraries like Vue, AngularJS, Angular, or React
- 3+ years of deploying hardened SaaS applications using best security practices and tools (AST and SCA)
- 3+ years of experience using Amazon Web Services
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
- Extensive experience building modular, commercial-grade applications dealing with large data sets
- High-level CSS and pre-complier (Sass, Less) knowledge and styling best practices
- Experience with responsive design, from desktop to tablet to phones
- Experience leveraging dependency management and task automation frameworks
- Experience integrating RESTful Web Services with JSON outputs to populate UI modules
- Experience providing relatively accurate estimations of complexity and time of an engineering effort
- Experience creating and maintaining coding style guides, best practices and setting UI standards for enterprise applications
- Nice to have - experience building cross platform mobile applications Android, iOS and Windows
- Must be a team player with the ability to handle ambiguity and anticipate and react to changes quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be collaborative, thorough, and a good communicator.
- Must be empathetic to our customers, always considering the impact decisions make on our customer's business.
- Must always be honest with everyone: our customers buy a relationship not simply a product.
- Must be ever-curious, constantly researching new technologies while continuing to sharpen use of existing technologies.