Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding
Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. At the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Senior SDETs are driven by engineering excellence, solving difficult problems using modern best practices. They collaborate with other world-class engineers to build & deliver value-centric products and frameworks, leverage devops & observability practices to deliver those value-centric products and frameworks, and create tools that make the whole Engineering team more effective.
The systems developed by Senior SDETs will be highly resilient, performant, and scalable. These individuals are thought leaders on the Engineering team, driving the organization and their peers to engineering excellence. Senior SDETs contribute to establishing best practices and procedures. This position works with Product Management to evaluate and refine product requirements, success criteria, and team process to drive delivery velocity and excellence.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet. Offices in Denver and DC are available for Pie-oneers if they wish to work in a non-home setting, but it is not required.
How You'll Do It
- Develop Pie's product & technology
- Create code that is a joy for other engineers to maintain and is highly testable.
- Collaborate with other world-class engineers to build & deliver value-centric products and frameworks, leverage devops & observability practices to deliver those value-centric products & frameworks, and create tools that make the whole Engineering team more effective.
- Create and develop tools & products that are well designed, maintainable, testable, and understandable by others, through clean code, documentation, and the use of industry standards and best practices.
- Deliver software using continuous delivery practices and leverage experience to enhance continuous delivery pipelines and practices.
- Build systems that are highly resilient, performant, and scalable.
- Utilize modern best practices in the microservice architectural style.
- Technical Leadership
- Drive excellence into code bases owned by your team; be an example for peers on your team.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the Engineering team to build and deliver platforms and tools that facilitate the delivery and quality of Pie's products.
- Guide and mentor other engineers.
- Lead and facilitate code reviews.
- Create best practices and procedures.
- Test Platforms
- Builds test automation platforms to facilitate the implementation of integration, end-to-end, load, and performance tests by other members of the engineering team.
- Drives continuous improvement on Pie Engineering's continuous delivery practices.
- Partners with infrastructure engineering to build out infrastructure to support the continuous testing via continuous delivery of Pie's platforms.
- Deeply attuned to the production behavior of Pie's systems and identifies opportunities to address gaps through enhanced tooling and capability.
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related experience is preferred.
- 5 years of experience with the development and delivery of large scale systems, leveraging modern test automation and software deployment practices.
- Test Engineer Specific Skills and Technical Knowledge
- Deep knowledge of programming languages such as Python, C#, or Go; network protocols and HTTP.
- Extensive experience testing RESTful APIs.
- Expertise in testing frameworks and tools.
- Nice to have: strong knowledge of AWS serverless architectures and testing (or other cloud provider like GCP or Azure)
- Intermediate communication (written and verbal) skills, to deliver more complex information effectively.
- Problem Solving
- Intermediate problem solving skills to be able to manage complex tasks and work through to solutions with little guidance and direction.
- Technology Tools
- G-Suite Tools, Collaboration tools (Slack is preferred).
- Time Management Skills
- Ability to deliver projects at a cadence that meets the expectations of your manager, with minimal supervision.
- Have worked extensively in an Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Have worked in a CI/CD environment.
- Proven experience designing and building Microservices architectures.
- Expert understanding with async design patterns.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $124,000- $180,000
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.