Senior Director, Engineering at Evolve (Remote)
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support tens of thousands of owners across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way. Come join our fast-paced growth-stage culture, while enjoying the support of a well funded company - we’ve raised over $235M in investment capital from world-class investors like Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Allen & Company.
Why this role
Evolve is the largest tech-enabled, asset-light provider of vacation rental management services in North America and we’re looking for a Senior Director, Engineering to lead our growing Software Development organization focused on building customer experiences (includes Guest, Owner, Partner, Evolver; excludes Platform initiatives) and ambitious technology roadmap. Reporting to our VP of Engineering, you’ll partner cross-functionally to ensure that our long-term technology strategy and roadmap are well aligned with the company's vision and growth plans. This will require a leader to identify and excel in areas where we need to be great, while also respectfully saying “no” to lower priority ideas that distract us from achieving our goals. Under your leadership, you will be growing the team quickly and will need to continue to build a culture of accountability and operational excellence, all while having some fun along the way.
What you’ll do
- Create a clear technical vision, strategy, and leadership for our existing and future products, in alignment with the company's vision for our Owner and Guest pillars.
- Increase Evolve's technical capacity and throughput by raising the bar in attracting, hiring, training, developing and retaining strong engineering leaders and teammates with diverse skills and competencies
- Have a strong track in developing leaders throughout the organization to influence everything from recruiting to operational excellence
- Preferred experience in setting up and leading large engineering teams
- Continue to build a great tech team culture that produces results while having some fun along the way
- Actively collaborate with the leaders in Product Management, Experience Design, Data Science, IT, and other functions outside of technology, such as Marketing, Finance, and Operations, on organizational vision, team structures, headcount planning, and resource planning in support of Evolve's business goals
- Balance investment across the development of new experiences, maintenance of existing experiences, foundational infrastructure, and internal tooling
- Have strong opinions and make high judgment decisions on how to prioritize features, products, and new capabilities
- Quickly assess the effectiveness of system architectures and technology stack, development methodologies, and tools to run an efficient and secure software development organization
- Continuously monitor new technologies and evaluate their potential use
- Design and refactor the right processes to continuously deliver value to our customers (both internally and externally)
- Development, measurement, and management of key metrics for group's performance
We’re excited about you because:
- You have 12+ years of software development experience
- You have 8+ years of experience building engineering teams from the ground up, leading and supporting 70+ engineer organizations through rapid, transformative growth
- You have successfully crafted technology strategies in different setups and at different stages of growth organizations
- You have the technical chops to guide your teams in technology architecture and technical design
- You have the experience in setting up the right mechanisms for scaling teams and products across multiple geographies
- You have a passion and demonstrated experience for cross-functional collaboration with other functions, providing support to organizational planning and execution
- You have championed and supported impactful DEI efforts in an engineering leadership role
- You have a growth mindset, passion for learning, and willingness to change and adapt your own perspective when collaborating with teammates from diverse perspectives and backgrounds
- You have a capacity to learn and understand the effects and impact of your decisions over both short and long timeframes
- You embrace and embody our 10 Core Values
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! As we grow, we are working towards opening remote opportunities across the entire U.S. We currently are able to hire across the U.S except in the following locations: California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, New Jersey, New Mexico, and Pennsylvania.
For this role our base salary range is $192,000 to $221,000, depending on relevant experience. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Additional compensation details:
Equity: 100% of salary equivalent RSUs
Variable comp: 10% of salary target
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.