Senior C++ Developer at SpotX
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally.
- Building innovative digital ad technology that empowers customers and drives a free and open internet
- Solving “impossible” problems through experimentation and iteration, applying ideas to systems at scale.
- Standing on the shoulders of giants. Collaborating with other talented engineers in agile teams of 4-5 developers to evolve new and legacy systems into the next generation of ad tech.
- Driving performance and efficiency. Our software must handle billions of transactions per day, so every byte, every computation counts.
- Getting your hands dirty with a variety of technologies. From PHP, MySQL, and Java to C++, Python, Cassandra, and Kafka, we believe in the right tool for the job.
- Experience with Modern C++ 17 / 14 / 11
- A craftsman excited to build highly performant software using the full feature set of modern C++
- A desire to stay on top of the latest trends in technology, such as reading the most recent version of the C++20 spec or prototyping a cutting-edge NoSQL platform
- A passion for identifying and eliminating tech debt
- Automated Testing, Continuous integration, and Continuous Deployment using systems such as Jenkins
- Linux virtualization or containerization such as Docker
- Git version-control system and code review tools such Gerrit or Review Board
- Build systems such as Make/CMake
- Linux C/C++ compilers such as g++, gcc, or Clang
- Cassandra, ScyllaDB, or equivalent NoSQL technologies
- Network programming (TCP/IP, HTTP/S)
- GitHub- we like developers who like developing!
- Agile development including either Scrum or Kanban
- Large-scale, transnational environments (including high volume, fault tolerant, and scalable systems)
- Networking/API/microservice design with an emphasis on low latency systems
- Distributed/parallel processing
- A fast-paced, innovative company building best-in-class technology from 12 offices around the world
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO (work it out with your team first!), company closed from Christmas to New Years
- Comprehensive Benefits Package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k matching program and education assistance
- Annual technical education stipend
- Gym reimbursement, employee assistance and wellness programs
- Through our SpotX for Change program which matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities, SpotX contributed over $35K to charitable organizations in 2019
SpotX strives to attract, invest in, and develop a diverse group of people.
At SpotX, we seek to build an inclusive workforce and work environment. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
The company’s solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX’s trusted, GDPR/CCPA-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Electronic Arts, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, Gannett, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 50 million households. In early 2019, SpotX acquired Yospace which powers server-side ad insertion (SSAI) for all live and video on demand content streamed to connected devices. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann’s RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 12 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv.