Two solutions, one goal: make work simpler, with better data for leaders. FORM.com, a global leader in mobile data collection, and GoSpotCheck, the leading provider of mobile task management and image recognition software, are the top low-code/no-code platforms enabling digital process automation for mid-size and large enterprise customers globally.
FORM.com was established in 2001 and is based in Braintree, MA with offices in Chicago, Boston, London, and Kyiv. GoSpotCheck was established in 2011 and is based in Denver, CO. Diversis Capital acquired and merged the FORM.com and GoSpotCheck platforms and teams in 2020 to further enable digital process automation and deliver business value for customers, supported by a team of 300.
Together, these solutions enable digital business processes across functions in Consumer Goods, Retail, Restaurant & Hospitality, Facilities & Property, Health Sciences, and Natural Resources.
What You’ll Do
- As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll push the boundaries of the GoSpotCheck Image Recognition platform with clean code and scalable solutions. You’ll use cutting edge technologies and infrastructure to turn users’ images into valuable data insights right in front of their eyes. You’ll solve complex engineering challenges that come along with distributed architecture. You’ll collaborate with your Agile team to continue improving the product and customer experience!
What We’ll Achieve
- The robust and scalable API and back-end functionality you engineer will help our customers turn data into insightful and actionable reports.
- We’ll continue to improve upon our microservices architecture, to increase speed, dependability and overall performance of our mobile applications.
- We’ll evaluate and implement the latest and greatest tech to achieve the best solutions for our business, leaning on your ability to quickly level-up and drive best practices!
- We’ll sing your praises for the quality code you write, and the valuable insights and mentorship you provide to the team.
- At the end of the day, we’ll improve the way business is done out in the field, thanks to your commitment to building quality product!
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- You have broad experience with several languages, frameworks and programming paradigms, and believe in using the technology and paradigms that produce the best results.
- While you have worked in various environments, your impact will be felt immediately if you have solid experience with Ruby on Rails, Go/Golang, TypeScript, kubernetes and serverless functions.
- You have experience with, or at least a strong fundamental understanding of, microservices and service-oriented architectures.
- You have deep expertise in gRPC APIs and/or RESTful API’s.
- You have experience with massage based asynchronous communication patterns.
- You believe in the benefits of test driven design.
- You’re able to rapidly diagnose and troubleshoot real-world problems quickly and without a lot of context or support.
- You find motivation in being involved in planning, architecture and strategic planning.
- You have solid computer science fundamentals: data modeling, data structures, algorithms, design patterns and programming languages.
- You have a strong sense of empathy for the customer experience - reliability and quality are all extremely important to you.
- You are delivery oriented, and understand the tradeoffs between complete and perfect.
- When things break — and they will — you are eager, and able, to help fix things.
- You enjoy being around your peers, and see the value of strong collaboration processes.
- Part of your excitement about being a developer is the fact that you can learn new things everyday.
- You (preferably) earned a Bachelor’s degree in CS.
Who We Are
We are innovators: We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are partners: We’re only as successful as our customers. We provide exceptional support, strategic partnership, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business will help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We build products centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
We are flexible: We believe in a "Work Your Way" Employment Policy. Employees who can effectively perform their job functions remotely may do so indefinitely.
Humble + hungry. We measure success by how we help customers win. And we've been in the game a long time (in software years). Every interaction gives us the chance to deliver better service and more value. Along the way we've picked up a few awards, and for that, we're thankful.
FORM.com and GoSpotCheck offer competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer--welcoming all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description