Choozle is looking for a Back End Engineer that is eager to grow our Engineering team as we liberate marketers from complex advertising technology. Our ideal candidate must be someone who adds to our cultural values of Growth, Service, Attitude, Ownership, and Balance. Distributed responsibility is at the core of our Engineering principles, where every team member is autonomous and expected to be both mentee and mentor.
We look for individual contributors (Golang, React) who are passionate about making a collective impact for our customers. Change is our constant and as a fast-growing company, Choozle is the perfect environment for growing your career in any direction you choose.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Owning solution development on our core product
- Helping to design and architect solutions
- Championing and evolving our best practices
- Collaboratively working as a senior technical member of the engineering team, mentoring others with your experience including paired programming, code reviews, joint design sessions, and daily standups
- Balancing between your individual work as a contributor and personal growth
- Continuous learning that enables iterative software development while maintaining a reliable customer experience
WHO YOU ARE
- Demonstrated good communication skills among differing viewpoints
- A focus on “we” - making a collective impact as a part of the team
- At least 3 years experience working in a strongly typed language (1+ years of GoLang experience preferred)
- 3 years of working with data structures and databases (NoSQL database experience preferred)
- 3 years working with consuming and publishing APIs
- At least 1-2 years experience with Cloud development and/or management (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- 2+ years experience integrating 3rd party APIs
- A strong respect for collaboration with a Product team and stakeholders
You are excited about:
- A dynamic market that is constantly changing and requires everyone to regularly take on new challenges
- Growing a psychologically safe organization that embraces each person's strengths
- An opportunity to contribute to an organization that is scaling up
- A team that wants to maximize their impact - as individuals, to each other and to the customer
BENEFITS / POSITION INFO
- Company Equity
- $100 Monthly Wellness Stipend
- $1,000 education stipend ($250/a quarter)
- Covered Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Self-Managed Time Off
- Remote work
- 401k contribution/match (3%)
Choozle is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Ad tech is a complicated space.
We cut through the chaos.
Built and headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Choozle is a digital advertising company founded in 2012 by Andrew Fischer and Jeffrey Finch and has remained independent ever since.
We’re growing not because of what we do, but how we do it. Fueled by our eclectic team, we boast a fun, energizing workplace with an emphasis on growth, attitude, ownership, and service. But we remember to keep balance and enjoy the ride—downhill on skis at our company retreats in the mountains.