As a Senior Android Engineer on the MarketX (formerly known as GoSpotCheck) Core Team, you will continue to pave the way in engineering the best tool on the market for the desk-less workers. Your work will impact the largest segment of our user-base, as you improve and innovate upon our robust mobile data collection platform, leveraging offline functionality and image recognition capabilities.
What You’ll Do
- Build new fully-fledged features that will not only help our current customers, but also open the door to new use cases that will keep MarketX’s business growing!
- Help resolve any bugs that have been validated and reported by our Support team.
- Use your mentorship and collaborative approach to coach the MarketX Core team, making them better engineers in the end!
- Utilize your strong testing practices before anything launches - the QA team will thank you.
- Field reps will continue to love the MarketX/GoSpotCheck application for all it does to save them time during and after their site visits.
We Might Be a Great Fit If You
- Have 3-5 years experience in native Android development in Java and Kotlin, and have used testing frameworks such as Robolectric.
- Have a strong sense of empathy for the customer experience - efficiency, reliability and accuracy are all extremely important to you.
- Have built and shipped mobile applications, small and large, and can point to what you've done. Bonus if you have experience with offline mobile applications.
- Possess solid computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns and programming languages.
- Are a good programmer and you write understandable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Understand there are always trade-offs in engineering and you know how to communicate those trade-offs.
- Can jump into situations and make things better without a lot of handholding.
- When things break — and they will — you are eager, and able, to help fix things.
- Get your kicks from solving problems, delivering on-time, and being encouraged to innovate.
- Bonus points if you are well-versed in Restful API’s, Android Coroutines, SQLite, or MLKit.
- Additional bonus points if you have relevant experience with other parts of our stack - iOS, Ruby on Rails, or Postgres.
- Have worked in a smaller environment, or in a consulting role, and know how to be resourceful in order to get things done.
- Don’t come totally unglued when a PM asks you to stop what you are doing to work on something else.
- Are able to prioritize when your responsibilities stack up.
- Enjoy being around your peers, and see the value of strong collaboration processes.
- Have an open mind to using the technology that will produce the best results.
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree in CS or have similar relevant experience.
Benefits and Perks (US)
- 100% employer-paid employee medical, dental, and vision
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Remote options; hybrid work model with offices around the globe
- Casual work environment
- Promotions from within
- The annual starting salary for this position is between $115,000-$140,000 base depending on experience and qualifications.
FORM powers the world’s 2 billion mobile workers as they change companies and industries for good, with mobile technology that improves execution from the frontline. FORM activates and connects teams in the field – with leaders, missions, and each other – so they can deliver success in the enterprise. The FORM field execution platform serves as a digital assistant for frontline teams by guiding daily tasks, streamlining data collection, facilitating real-time communication, and providing leaders with real-time intelligence to drive faster actions and better decisions. FORM offers the world’s only integrated task management and image recognition platform and enables smart audits on more display types than any solution in the market, plus industry-leading field communications and photo reporting capabilities. FORM solutions have been deployed by Fortune 500 companies around the world.
FORM OpX empowers teams to improve operational compliance by digitizing audits and inspections to reduce risk and improve safety and quality from the frontline. FORM OpX mobile workflows make it easy to capture the right data, at the right place, at the right time – every time. Teams stay connected with instant frontline communications on mobile, and real-time insights allow leaders to spot and fix issues quickly and measure trends over time so teams can take action on the opportunities that move the business forward.
FORM MarketX unleashes the power of field teams to drive market execution with the only mobile solution that combines dynamic task management, industry-leading image recognition, photo reporting, field team communications, and advanced reporting – all within one easy-to-use platform. Guide teams, improve execution, and drive sales while creating a shared view of the field that helps leaders make better decisions, faster. Sell more with FORM MarketX, the field execution app that guides, tracks, and improves performance in real-time.
Who We Are
We are innovators: We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are partners: We’re only as successful as our customers. We provide exceptional support, strategic partnership, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business will help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We build products centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
We are flexible: We believe in a "Work Your Way" Employment Policy. Employees who can effectively perform their job functions remotely may do so indefinitely.
Humble + hungry. We measure success by how we help customers win. And we've been in the game a long time (in software years). Every interaction gives us the chance to deliver better service and more value. Along the way we've picked up a few awards, and for that, we're thankful.
FORM offers competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer--welcoming all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description