Two solutions, one goal: make work simpler, with better data for leaders. FORM.com, a global leader in mobile data collection, and GoSpotCheck, the leading provider of mobile task management and image recognition software, are the top low-code/no-code platforms enabling digital process automation for mid-size and large enterprise customers globally.
FORM.com was established in 2001 and is based in Braintree, MA with offices in Chicago, Boston, London, and Kyiv. GoSpotCheck was established in 2011 and is based in Denver, CO. Diversis Capital acquired and merged the FORM.com and GoSpotCheck platforms and teams in 2020 to further enable digital process automation and deliver business value for customers, supported by a team of 300.
Together, these solutions enable digital business processes across functions in Consumer Goods, Retail, Restaurant & Hospitality, Facilities & Property, Health Sciences, and Natural Resources.
What You’ll Do
- As an Android Developer on the GoSpotCheck Core Team, you will continue to pave the way in engineering the best tool on the market for the desk-less workers. Your work will impact the largest segment of our user-base, as you improve and innovate upon our robust mobile data collection platform, leveraging offline functionality and image recognition capabilities.
What We’ll Achieve
- Field reps will continue to love the GoSpotCheck application for all it does to save them time during and after their site visits.
- The new fully-fledged features you build will not only help our current customers, but also open the door to new use cases that will keep GoSpotCheck’s business growing!
- Our Support team will rest assured that when a bug is validated and reported, that you’ll get it resolved.
- The GoSpotCheck Core team will all become better engineers thanks to your mentorship and collaborative approach.
- The QA team will have way too much time on their hands, thanks to strong testing practices you adhere to.
Who You Are
- You have 3-5 years experience in native Android development in Java and Kotlin, and have used testing frameworks such as Robolectric.
- You have a strong sense of empathy for the customer experience - efficiency, reliability and accuracy are all extremely important to you.
- You've built and shipped mobile applications, small and large, and can point to what you've done. Bonus if you have experience with offline mobile applications.
- You have solid computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns and programming languages.
- You’re a good programmer and you write understandable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You understand there are always trade-offs in engineering and you know how to communicate those trade-offs.
- You can jump into situations and make things better without a lot of handholding.
- When things break — and they will — you are eager, and able, to help fix things.
- You get your kicks from solving problems, delivering on-time, and being encouraged to innovate.
- Bonus points if you are well-versed in Restful API’s, Android Coroutines, SQLite, or MLKit.
- Additional bonus points if you have relevant experience with other parts of our stack - iOS, Ruby on Rails, or Postgres.
- You have worked in a smaller environment, or in a consulting role, and know how to be resourceful in order to get things done.
- You don’t come totally unglued when a PM asks you to stop what you are doing to work on something else.
- You can live with the idea of having too much work and not enough time to do it, and are able to prioritize.
- You enjoy being around your peers, and see the value of strong collaboration processes.
- You have an open mind to using the technology that will produce the best results.
- You (preferably) earned a Bachelor’s degree in CS.
Who We Are
We are innovators: We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are partners: We’re only as successful as our customers. We provide exceptional support, strategic partnership, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business will help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We build products centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
We are flexible: We believe in a "Work Your Way" Employment Policy. Employees who can effectively perform their job functions remotely may do so indefinitely.
Humble + hungry. We measure success by how we help customers win. And we've been in the game a long time (in software years). Every interaction gives us the chance to deliver better service and more value. Along the way we've picked up a few awards, and for that, we're thankful.
FORM.com and GoSpotCheck offer competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer--welcoming all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description