Our products and mobile apps are used by millions of merchants to process payments in over 33 countries worldwide. As we build a world where small businesses can be successful doing what they love, we’re continually expanding our range of products and services.
As a Senior Android Engineer working in Platform, you will enable teams across SumUp to deliver a faster, better, more consistent and more accessible experience for our merchants. We empower SumUp’s teams to deliver the best possible experiences to our customers. In summary; we are a flag bearer for quality, efficiency, and innovation across all of SumUp!
We are now looking for our latest collaborative Senior Android Engineer to help build and innovate on our mobile platform. Does this remote Senior Android Engineer role sound like the role for you?
What you’ll do in this role:
- Write high quality and testable code
- Collaborate with internal teams made up of engineers, designers, and product managers to develop best practices, guidelines, and tools for customer-facing products
- Work with and own the Android platform infrastructure
- Build tools that improve engineering productivity
- Take an active role in mentoring your peers
You will fit in perfectly to our team if:
- You are an abstract thinker, able to see the “bigger picture”
- You have extensive experience with Java, Kotlin and the Android framework
- You care about code quality and testability, and you are knowledgeable about CI/CD
- You love collaborating and working with your teammates on challenging projects
- You have a passion for supporting others and an appetite for learning
- A dedicated annual L&D budget for attending conferences and advancing your career through further education.
- The opportunity to work on large scale fintech products used by millions of businesses around the world
- Dedicated time every other week for side-projects and open source initiatives as well as a yearly hackathon.
- Numerous other benefits such as Urban Sports Club subsidy, Corporate Pension Scheme, Kita placement assistance, relocation assistance, subsidized office lunches, and a brand new gorgeous place to work in the heart of Berlin!
We are currently able to support remote work for this role from the following locations: France, Germany, The UK, Denmark, Ireland, Poland, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland & Bulgaria.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.