Security Engineer at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Security Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Actively hunt the enterprise for insecure, suspicious, or malicious activity.
- Review data that is processed within the SIEM to find suspicious events as well as ineffective data.
- Verify incident source alert notifications are authentic and trusted.
- Identify and resolve incidents that are not defined by (or deviate from) an existing incident response guide.
- Update and maintain response guides for accuracy.
- Assist with significant incidents as needed or assigned.
- Provide feedback for the development and consistency of automated threat detection mechanisms.
- Security projects dedicated to improving Uplights's security posture.
- Research and understand initial threat vectors and create protection mechanisms to prevent threat recurrences.
- Recommend security best practices and system configuration standards.
- Facilitate and lead incident response calls; provide documentation and reports to senior management.
- Perform an on-call shift rotation.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Great attitude
- History of securing applications and application settings
- Must have strong scripting skills Python/Shell Scripting experience
- Experience with git.
- Mid to advanced level Linux knowledge in a physical, virtual, or public cloud environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are necessary to effectively collaborate with peers, and to present and explain highly technical information to stakeholders who may have limited technical knowledge.
- Advanced understanding in securing cloud technologies
- Experience with technologies from at least one public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience adopting security practices across an enterprise
- Experience with modern DevSecOps practices including implementing automated security in CI/CD pipelines in the AWS Cloud
- CISSP, CASP, GSLC, CISM certified.
- Experience using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Packer, Troposphere, Consul, Jenkins, SonarQube, and AWS
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.