Security Engineer at Stream
We are looking for a security engineer to join our development team in Amsterdam. Job duties will include working on Network and Application security.
You are familiar with the security controls for common platforms including Linux/MacOS/Network equipment and you enjoy identifying new attack vectors and threats to implement proper monitoring and detection methods.
- Experience with AWS operations and security with a clear understanding of AWS shared security responsibility model
- Experience with performing security assessments to ensure that common vulnerabilities are patched and security best practices are applied
- Solid experience with a programming language (Python preferred)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Operating System security, Network security, Intrusion Detection, Vulnerability Management, Threat Intelligence, Digital Forensics, Software Development
- The mind-set to script, automate, and scope projects to avoid repetitive tasks, because work-life balance is important
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty
- Experience with common security standards such as SOC2, HIPPAA and ISO 27001
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package or the possibility to work fully remote
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present at global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
- Macbook Pro and home office setup package
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Our Amsterdam team is very focused: you will see us heads-down coding or drawing complex charts on whiteboards, until we pop up to have a chat or play merciless games of ping pong.
Our talented developers are highly technical and collaborative, which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. When it comes to software engineering our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.