Guild is hiring for a Security Engineer to develop technical solutions and new security procedures to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
As a Security Engineer, you will help protect system boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks, and work cross-functionally with other teams. You will work to ensure full coverage of security tools, and monitor infrastructure for vulnerabilities and threats. You’ll be a critical member of the team by helping make our information systems more secure and protecting highly sensitive data.
As a Security Engineer, you will:
- Work cross-functionally with IT to implement software, hardware, and systems that enhance both the information system and the company’s security posture.
- Operate phishing simulations.
- Configure, tune, and operate security incident monitoring infrastructure.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices and software.
- Participate with incident response procedures, as related to security incidents.
In addition to working on our Information Security Team, you will collaborate with other Guild teammates including: Trey Tomlinson, Software Engineer; Jess Rusin, Senior VP of Engineering; and Kevin Grablin, Director of IT.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency.
- Proven work experience as a system engineer or information security engineer.
- Technical knowledge of operating system security, network security, and cloud security.
- Basic understanding of security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, SIEM, EDR, and other related security technologies.
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Cursory understanding of the latest attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Familiarity with web related technologies and network/web related protocols.
- Problem solving skills, technical writing and documentation skills, and ability to analytically uncover solutions to problems with minimal guidance.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field. Not required, but helpful.
- Certification such as Security+, CISSP, or GSEC (preferred). Not required, but helpful.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Salesforce and Workday (among other social impact and VC partners!).
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.